Got your eyes on a Kindle Fire HDX Tablet, but don’t have enough cash? Amazon really, really, really wants you to have one. So much so that Amazon is offering you the opportunity to purchase a Kindle Fire HDX on a no interest installment plan with four quarterly payments. Depending on what Kindle Fire HDX model you purchase the price is broken into four equal payments plus tax and shipping.
For example if you purchase a 7 inch 16GB Kindle Fire HDX WiFi only model with special offers your quarterly price is $57 plus tax and shipping. The The Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 WiFi Only 16GB model will find you paying four quarterly payments of $94.75 plus shipping and tax. You pay the shipping and tax in full with the first payment.
This means you’ll be paying on your Kindle Fire HDX for a year. Every 90 days your credit card gets dinged for an equal payment depending on the price of the model you order. If the credit card you’re using doesn’t allow a subsequent charge to go through, Amazon reserves the right to dereigster your Kindle and cancel your Amazon account.
If you’re eligible for the offer you should see a banner pop up if you visit the Kindle Fire HDX page. Note that currently the HDX 7 inch model is listed as being in stock as of December 18 and the Kindle Fire HDX 8 is listed as being in stock on December 19.
Here is a list of the terms and conditions for the deal. Note the offer is only good in the US and residents of Florida and the District of Columbia are not eligible for the offer.
- This offer applies only to new Kindle Fire HDX 7″ & 8.9″ Wi-Fi devices sold and shipped by Amazon Digital Services.
- This offer is limited to one device per customer; offer applies to the lowest priced qualifying item in your cart at time of checkout. This offer is not transferable.
- To be eligible for this offer, you must reside in the United States of America, your Amazon.com account must have been active for at least two years and you must have a valid credit card associated with your Amazon.com account that expires no earlier than March 31, 2014. Residents of Florida and the District of Columbia are not eligible for this offer.
- To be eligible for this offer, you must purchase your Kindle Fire HDX device prior to 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time) December 24, 2013. Offer good while supplies last. We reserve the right to cancel this offer at any time.
- You agree to pay the full price of the qualifying Kindle Fire HDX device you selected in four equal quarterly payments. No interest or finance charges apply to this offer. Any interest, finance charges or fees assessed by the issuer of the payment method to which payments are charged may still apply. Any applicable tax and shipping charges will be assessed when you check out and will be due in full when you make your purchase.
- You authorize us to charge each payment to the credit card you use to make your initial payment or, if we are unable to complete a charge using such credit card, to any other credit card we have on file in your Amazon.com account. Please do not use a debit card to make your initial payment. You agree to maintain in your Amazon.com account at least one valid credit card that expires no earlier than 20 days after your last payment due date.
- You may prepay the full remaining balance of your purchase at any time, but you may not prepay a portion of the remaining balance.
- If we are not able to charge any payment to a card on file in your Amazon.com account, our remedies will include the right to deregister your Kindle Fire HDX device, which will block your ability to access Amazon content from your Kindle Fire HDX device, and suspend or terminate your Amazon.com account. You agree that we and our affiliates have no liability related to the exercise of these remedies.
- This offer and your purchase of a Kindle Fire HDX device, including any dispute or claim relating thereto, are subject to the terms in the Amazon.com Conditions of Use, including the binding arbitration, governing law, disclaimer of warranties, and limitation of liability terms therein.
- Any return of a Kindle Fire HDX device purchased through this offer, and the amount of any resulting refund, will be subject to our standard returns policy. The remaining balance of your purchase will be deducted from any refund.
- If you receive a replacement Kindle Fire HDX device from Amazon under our warranty service, you are still responsible to pay the remaining balance owed on your purchase.
- This offer may not be combined with other offers.
- Void where prohibited.
- Taxes may apply in certain jurisdictions.
This article may contain affiliate links. Click here for more details.