Looks like another entry in Ultra-Mobile PC land. Carrypad is reporting on the Arima UM650UV1. (Ok, an editorial disruption here-UMPC OEMs everywhere please hear this. You need to come up with something a bit more creative for the names of these devices if you ever want to see them get into the hands of consumers. Who is going to go shopping for a UM650UV1 or the v7210? Come on, show some marketing savvy somewhere in the process and come up with some creative names. /end editorial disruption.)
Back on track here. Carrypad has photos and specs (listed below.) Note the UM650UV1 (tiresome to type too, irksome to ink) comes with a slide out keyboard and they are advertising 4–5 hour battery life.
- CPU- VIA ULV C7-M, 1.0GHz FSB
- Memory – DDR2-533, 512MB on board
- Chipset – VX700
- GPU – Integrated in VX700, UniChrome Pro core
- Media card controller – /SD-IO/MMC
- Wireless LAN – 802.11b+g (USB based – Not clear if its internal or an external solution.)
- Bluetooth 2.0+EDR, (USB Based. Not clear if its an internal or external solution.)
- LCD – 6.5” TFT, WVGA (800×480), with LED backlight
- HDD – 1.8”, 5 mm high, 4200rpm, 20/30/40GB
- Battery – 2 cells Lithium Polymer battery, 3900mAHr, total: 28.86 watts
- Battery Life – 4~5hrs
- Speakers – Mono, 0.6watts
- Web Cam – VGA resolution, USB I/F, for Video over IP
- Dimension – 190mm x 120mmx 27.9mm, 7.48” x 4.72” x 1.1”
- Weight – 680g, 1.496lbs
- USB x 2
- Audio jack x 2: Mic-in and HP out
- VGA x 1
- Docking x 1
Is Simple Mobile Worth It?
Is Simple Mobile worth it? This is what you need to know about switching to Simple Mobile. We’ll cover what...
4 Reasons Not to Install macOS Mojave & 10 Reasons You Should Install 10.14.1
The macOS Mojave update could completely change how you use your Mac. Many users will want to install the free update...