- Next iPhone: 3g, enterprise support, sell in more countries. Pricing – more affordable. Today introducing iPhone 3G. 3G approaching WiFi speeds.
- Available: July 11 in 22 countries
- Pricing: 3G – 8 GB: $199, 16 GB: $299. White also available.
- Camera, flush headphone jack, thinner, black plastic back. GPS built-in.
- They sold 6,000,000 iPhones in first year.
- entirely New – MobileMe. "Exchange for the rest of us". We all get push email, contacts, and calendars. Access from iPhone, Mac, PC, or other devices. Keep it all sync, just like Exchange. Works over the air wirelessly. me.com – new web application for MobileMe. iDisk is integrated. iPhoto synchronization. From the sounds of this, and from images I’m seeing on MacRumors, this has the potential to really challenge Gmail and their disparate solutions. This solves some huge holes for many not in the enterprise space. $99 per year. 20 gb of storage. Free 60 day trial. Available in early July with iPhone 2.0 software. What about .mac? MobileMe replaces .mac.
- ad hoc distribution of apps – distribute your app to up to 100 iPhones at a time. Must be certified to do it.
- enterprises can also distribute their own apps, create apps that only run on certain phones, and can distribute those apps over their intranet
- app store distribution: 10 mb or less – download iPhone apps over cellular. More than 10 mb, download over WiFi
- early July release for iPhone 2.0 software, free for iPhone owners, $9.95 for iPod Touch
- handwriting recognition for Asian languages
- New contact search
- bulk move and delete
- Support for word, excel and powerpoint
- Save images from email to local storage
- Scientific calculator – landscape
- Parental controls ( yeah! )
- Almost all the focus of WWDC was on the SDK and from companies like eBay, Modality, MIMVista, TypePad, etc that have already developed software to be available on the App Store at launch for a fee or for free. Tons and tons of demos – touch, music, gaming using the accelerometer, etc.
- Initial focus was on Exchange for enterprise support in iPhone 2.0 software
Apple3 days ago
4 Reasons Not to Install macOS Mojave & 10 Reasons You Should Install 10.14.1
The macOS Mojave update could completely change how you use your Mac. Many users will want to install the free update...
Apple1 week ago
How to Take an ECG on the Apple Watch
This guide will show you how to take an ECG with the Apple Watch 4. This is a new feature...