Apple released the latest update for the iPhone and iPod Touch overnight. The 2.2 update includes a number of new features and of course some fixes as well. It also still leaves a lot of common mobile phone features out in the cold. Here’s some of what’s included:
- Enhancements to Maps
- Google Street View
- public transit and walking directions
- display address of dropped pins
- share location via email
- Enhancements to Mail
- resolved isolated issues with scheduled fetching of email
- improved formatting of wide HTML email
- improved stability and performance of Safari
- Podcasts are now available for download in iTunes application (over Wi-Fi and cellular network)
- Decrease in call set-up failures and call drops
- Improved sound quality of visual voicemail messages
- Pressing the Home button from any Home screen takes you to the first Home screen
- Preference to turn on/off auto-correction in Keyboard Settings
From what I’m reading elsewhere it appears that iPod Touch owners don’t get the Google Street View and other Maps enhancements in this update.
Of course Cut and Paste, better BlueTooth support and no MMS functionality.
Note also that Apple released an update to iTunes as well. That version is now 8.0.2
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.