The ASUS Eee, that small, ultra-inexpensive notebook with Linux, has finally launched. Focusing on a Linux OS loaded on an SSD (no hard drive!), the Eee is set to ship later this month for $299-399, according to Engadget.
From the ASUS website, we can get a few more details. Apparently the strangely named Eee is Easy to Learn, Easy to Work, Easy to Play.
– 7" compact design and less than 1kg
– Durable, shock-proof solid-state design
– Rich network and wireless connectivity
– Graphic user interface for simplicity and ease of use
– Over 40 built-in applications for learn, work and play
At the proposed prices, this looks like a nice companion device. The higher end models are touting 3.5 hours of battery life, which would be quite nice, particularly for this size of device.
This article may contain affiliate links. Click here for more details.