We first got news of this company when at CES this year where I did a quick standup interview with Derek Prentice of Azentek. Since then, we have stayed in touch with Azentek. Well I recently got an email from Derek, outlining they’re new UMCP being released sometime in July. This will be called the AxSS (pronounced “Access”). Here is some text from Derek’s email:
I thought you might enjoy seeing a sneak peak at our latest UMPC that will be released in mid-July. It is called the AxSS (Pronounced ““AccessÃ¢â‚¬Â) .
We had a very cool custom rear seat mount made from our friends at PanaVise for a rear seat entertainment offering. Official retail pricing has not been set Ã¢â‚¬” but it looks like it will be around $999.
Some quick Specs:
- Processor: VIA C7M NaNo Processor 1.2GHZ
- Memory: 1x SODIMM Slot DDR2 533MHz (1GB standard))
- Display: 7Ã¢â‚¬Â 800*480 TFT Ã¢â‚¬” CPT with VIA VX700 controller
- Brightness (cd/Ã£Å½Â¡) : 185 nit (min) / 220 nit (typ)
- Contrast Ratio : 400 : 1
- Viewing Angle : 70 / -70 degree (H)
60 / -40 degree (V)
- Camera: 1 x 1.3 Million Pixel CMOS Camera
- ZOOM function for 800*480 as default, 800*600, 1024*600
- Disk drive: 80GB 2.5Ã¢â‚¬Â HDD
We expect to get an eval unit in the next month or so, and will do a full demo then. Stay tuned for more info.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.