Now is the perfect time to do some back-to-school notebook shopping if you are in the market for a notebook that will survive the harsh existence that is college.
Typically the biggest back-to-school notebooks sales hit in August, but Lenovo is cutting prices on their ThinkPad notebooks a week early. Instead of paying thousands of dollars, you can save $850 off the ThinkPad Edge E420s at Lenovo.com.
The ThinkPad E420s is designed for small businesses, but thanks to the great feature set and incredibly low price it is also a great notebook for students heading off to college this fall.
Why The ThinkPad Edge E420S is Great for College
- Price – For $699 You get a business class machine with consumer features.
- Durability – The ThinkPad Edge E420s is has metal hinges and magnesium aluminum construction.
- Screen Size – 14″ is a great size. You get a bigger display, but a fairly portable notebook.
- Portability – At 4.14 pounds, you can take the E420s with you to class and on road trips without a back ache.
- Spill Resistant Keyboard – You’re lucky to make it through a year of college without spilling on your notebook, let alone 4 years. The spill resistant keyboard can handle small spills without crashing and burning.
- HDMI and Dolby Home Theater v4 – HDMI lets you connect to your HDTV and Dolby Home Theater v4 delivers impressive sound from the built-in speakers. Also great for using headphones when your roommate is a sleep.
We recently reviewed the Thinkpad Edge E420s and loved the keyboard, 7 hour battery life (real-world testing), great controls for Skype video calls and sturdy nature. The only real issues we had were from the glossy display, which is hard to see outdoors, and the lack of a backlit keyboard.
The ThinkPad Edge E420s available for $699 direct from Lenovo comes with the following specs.
- 2.1GHz Intel Core i3 2nd Gen Processor
- 6GB RAM
- 320GB hard drive
- 14: HD Display with 1366×768 resolution
- Intel HD 3000 Graphics
- UltraNav TrackPoint and ClickPad
- DVD-RW Drive
- Bluetooth 3.0
4 Reasons Not to Install macOS Mojave & 10 Reasons You Should Install 10.14.1
The macOS Mojave update could completely change how you use your Mac. Many users will want to install the free update...
How to Take an ECG on the Apple Watch
This guide will show you how to take an ECG with the Apple Watch 4. This is a new feature...