The Battlefield Hardline release date is here and there are still many things that buyers will want to know before they stop and pick up a copy of the game, or perhaps what to do once they get the game home and get ready to play.
Here is a look at the important information about the Battlefield Hardline release, tips to be a better Battlefield Hardline player and other key details. The Battlefield Hardline release arrived early on Friday for Xbox One gamers with EA Access, but today is the day when the game really kicked into high-gear.
Join in on this new game of cops and robbers with Battlefield Hardline tips to level up faster while you explore the new game modes and weapons.
Battlefield Hardline Release[easyazon_block add_to_cart=”default” align=”right” asin=”B00KME8K7O” cloaking=”default” layout=”top” localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” tag=”gbm-ea-20″]The Battlefield Hardline release date arrived without as much fanfare as the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare release last year, but also with fewer problems.
Right now you can walk into any store that sells games and pick up a copy of Battlefield Hardline on PC, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PS3. You can also order Battlefield Hardline digitally and download it straight to your console or computer.
Battlefield Hardline Deals
So far there are not a lot of Battlefield Hardline deals. GameStop informed us that gamers who buy Battlefield Hardline and the Battlefield Hardline premium add-on in stores can save $10. The previous Battlefield Hardline deal at Best Buy is no longer an option, but Gamers Club Unlocked members can still save 20% off the game.
Battlefield Hardline Limited Editions
There are three different versions of Battlefield Hardline, and you can buy the two main versions digitally or on disc. The main version is $59.99 and includes the game and one Battlepack. There is also a $69.99 Deluxe edition and the Battlefield Hardline Ultimate Edition for $119.99 which is digital only. Here’s what you get with the each of the Battlefield Hardline special editions.
Battlefield Hardline Deluxe
- Deluxe Edition includes the Versatility Battlepack, Precision Battlepack and Suppression Battlepack – all featuring unique assault rifles, weapon camos and XP boosts.
- Plus, you’ll receive 10 Gold Battlepacks that contain combinations of weapon accessories, patches and emblems, XP boosts, and character customization items.
- These Gold Battlepacks are delivered once a week starting from your initial game activation.
Battlefield Hardline Ultimate Edition
- Suppression Battlepack – Features an assault rifle with the largest magazine capacity, a unique camo skin for all your weapons, and a XP boost.
- Precision Battlepack – Features one of the most accurate assault rifles, a unique camo skin for your weapons, and a XP boost.
- Battlefield Hardline 10 X Gold Battlepacks – Contains 5 items, including a minimum of 2 Advanced items & 2 Standard items, with a bonus item, that contains the likelihood of a Distinguished item.
- Battlefield™ Hardline – “Be the law or Break the law in Battlefield™ Hardline. This action-packed blockbuster combines the intense signature multiplayer moments of Battlefield with an emotionally charged story and setting reminiscent of a modern television crime drama.
- Battlefield™ Hardline Premium – Own more, be more with a Battlefield Hardline Premium membership. Unlock early access to themed digital expansion packs, Exclusive items and more at a great value.
- Battlefield™ Hardline Premium package – Own more, be more with a Battlefield Hardline Premium membership. Unlock early access to themed digital expansion packs, Exclusive items and more at a great value.
- Versatility Battlepack – Features a highly versatile assault rifle, a unique camo skin for your weapons, and a XP boost.
You need to download the Battlefield Hardline Ultimate Edition from the Xbox Store, from the PSN Store or from Origin.
Battlefield Hardline Reviews
So far the Battlefield Hardline reviews are generally positive from critics, but users Battlefield Hardline reviews are more varied.
On Meta Critic the Metascore from 16 publications is a 76. That breaks down into 11 positive reviews and five mixed reviews at current count. The user reviews are more evenly split, but many of the negative reviews lack a real explanation of why they game deserves a low score.
The Battlefield Hardline review video above outlines the new single player mode that equips you with the power of a badge that makes even the best armed bad guys quickly submit to your arrest and then delivers a look at the multiplayer modes.
Battlefield Hardline Problems
The best surprise of the release is that there aren’t widespread Battlefield Hardline problems. This may be the first big game to arrive in the last six months without a maddening level of downtime and problems. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Halo Master Chief Collection and many other games from late 2014 arrived to too many problems to recount here and in many cases were impossible to play for days or even weeks.
The most common Battlefield Hardline problem we found was that come users ran into issues downloading the game after purchasing it, but even then it was a handful of complaints, not hundreds.
Battlefield Hardline Tips
If you want to do better in the new game modes, you need to watch the Battlefield Hardline tips and tricks videos from The War Room. If you are starting out in Battlefield Hardline after spending time on other shooters, this is where you need to start. The video above outlines Battlefield Hardline tips for beginners including the two weapons you need to get first as a cop and as a criminal.
You can also use the Battlefield Hardline tips in the second video to become an unstoppable force in the Battlefield Hardline Heist mode. You need to work as a team, and if you can go in with a great Battlefield Hardline strategy for heists you can absolutely blow the competition out of the water.
Battlefield Hardline Premium
When you go to buy Battlefield Hardline, you might notice what looks like a cheaper version for just $49.99, but Battlefield Hardline Premium is not the game, it’s a mix of special features, DLC and other special features.
[easyazon_block add_to_cart=”default” align=”right” asin=”B00U6IN5QM” cloaking=”default” layout=”top” localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” tag=”gbm-ea-20″]For the $49.99 price you get four Battlefield Hardline expansion packs. The first two arrive this summer, another in the fall and then a final in early 2016. As a Battlefield Hardline premium member you get to play the expansion packs two weeks early. You also get;
- 12 Gold Battlepacks
- Battlefield Hardline Premium exclusive in-game items
- Access to double-XP, in-game missions, and more Battlefield Hardline Premium exclusive events
- Priority position in server queues
- Masks – New player masks with unique gameplay benefits tied to the theme of each mask.
- Gun Bench – Provides players with the ability to visually customize their weapons and track their kills per weapon.
- Competitive Play – Support for competitive play through Battlefield Hardline Premium-access only tournaments and ladders.
- Legendary Status – Provides replayability of the entire progression system
You can get this for $49.99 on any of the platforms. It is part of the Battlefield Hardline Ultimate edition that you can buy digitally.