The Battlefield Hardline release didn’t include as many problems as some bigger games, but we did see a number fo Battlefield Hardline problems appear on PS4 and Xbox one within a few days and there is a new Battlefield Hardline patch on the way to fix over a dozen Battlefield Hardline bugs and to deliver almost as many changes to the gameplay to level out weapons, tickets and an important impact flinch from nearby bullet strikes.
We don’t know exactly when the new Battlefield Hardline patch release will arrive, but the timing means that potential buyers know what the game will offer if they choose to jump on the new Battlefield Hardline deal that chops the price to $39.99 for this week.
Many of the early complaints and Battlefield Hardline problems related to server issues, and some of these fixes for Battlefield Hardline problems address server stability or glitches.
Although we now have a list of what the Battlefield Hardline patch will fix, the Lead MP designer for Visceral Battlefield Hardline also states that, “there are some issues fixed that are not covered by these notes.” If you don’t see a fix for your current problems, it may be built in, but not specifically addressed.
Fixes for Battlefield Hardline Problems
Below you’ll see a list of 15 bug fixes that will address some Battlefield Hardline problems as part of the first Battlefield Hardline patch. This list does not include every fix, but it does identify several important changes.
- Fixed a server crash in Rescue
- Increased the character limit in the MapList to support up to 150 maps in a rotation
- You can now set the time limit to 0 and it disables the time limit instead of instantly ending the round in Blood Money
- Various fixes for server crashes with rental servers (multiple issues addressed)
- Fix for the timer in Conquest freezing when the user set the time limit higher than 800
- Fix for MP squad join issue where after the squad leader gets disconnected, a new leader cannot kick members or disband
- Fix for the patch awarded in released game for reaching Rank 10 in the Beta
- Fix for Derailed Levolution where players were teleported to origin of Point B and killed in some circumstances
- Fix for crash if the UI is disabled in the .cfg file
- Fix for Bloodmoney exploit in HH where players could access the money pile through the floor/roof
- Fix on XB1 for players using invite/join on friend after Quickmatching
- Fix for the Uzi’s weapon license cost, setting it to the correct value of $50,000
- Fix for X360 players being unable to invite friends while playing Rescue
- Fix for a rare crash in the Customize screen
- All platforms, miscellaneous low frequency crash fixes
The Battlefield Hardline patch needs top pass certification before it rolls out, so we don’t have a size for the Battlefield Hardline patch or the release date yet. These changes are not live on console or PC at this time.
Battlefield Hardline Changes
In addition to over a dozen fixes for Battlefield Hardline problems, the team is also changing the game in some minor ways to balance weapons and overall gameplay. This could dramatically impact your load-outs and your personal strategy. There are no changes for shotgun, breaching charges or assault rifles in Hotwire mode.
- Conquest tickets increased (CQL 999, CQS 600)
- Greatly decreased nearby bullet impact flinch; your aimpoint will not shift from rounds striking the environment near you
- Fixed some issues with FLIR/IRNV
- RPG reduced to 1 ammo from back of cars, with smaller explosion radius overall thus requiring more skill to use effectively
- TDM friendzones have been adjusted for better spawning
- Rescue / Crosshair exploit where players could skip the round start time by hitting START or ESC has been fixed
- Couch health reduced and repair rate decreased to a miniscule amount, making the Couch the one-off it was intended
- Player should no longer Quickmatch into servers with unsupported numbers of players
- K10: Reduce max damage to 33 and min damage to 8
- Saiga and PTR: reduce recoil to bring more in line with Cop faction DMRs
- HCAR and HK51: reduce recoil to bring more in line with SCAR-H and SA-58
- .410 Jury: Increase damage per pellet to become more effective
- FMG-9: increase damage per round to 25 and push out falloff start range to make these weapons more effective
- Battlerifle min damage increased to 25 across the board
- AKM min damage reduced to 24
If you see your favorite weapon listed above with a decrease in the damage amount, you should either use the remaining time to deliver as much punishment as possible with it, or start to master another weapon so you have an edge when the changes go live.
This article may contain affiliate links. Click here for more details.