The first Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare update is now rolling out to PC gamers and will soon arrive on the PS4 and Xbox One to help fix lag and other Call of Duty problems.
This Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare patch arrives just over a week after the release, which was followed quickly by gamers complaining about lag and a lack of dedicated servers.
Sledgehammer Games outlined the fixes for common Call of Duty problems and complaints. Most of the fixes are in the multiplayer mode, but there is at least one fix for the campaign mode.
Here is a look at the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare update for November 10th. This is available for PC now and the updates are pending for PS4 and Xbox One.
- Adjustment to the in-game chat names notifications placement.
- Fixed Prestige reset issues, including emblems and challenges.
- Fixed marksman and camo challenges to not reset when you Prestige.
- Connectivity optimizations for game servers.
- Fixed issues with Ping Bar not updating correctly.
- Fixed stats not accumulating towards leaderboards after Prestiging.
- Adjustment to challenges to unlock camos for weapons.
- Fixed round-based game modes, affecting Win/Loss ratios.
- Implemented ability to unlock eSports Rule options in Private Match.
- Fixed weapon reloads counting as speed reloads in certain circumstances.
- Added description to reload informing that you can double-tap to speed reload.
- Fixed DoubleXP splash, so it doesn’t show up in Private Match, Combat Readiness Program, or Exo Survival mode.
- Showing 4x or 2x based on whether a loot DoubleXP item exists
- Add DoubleXP icon to medal splashes when DoubleXP is active.
- Fixed rare save game issue affecting playthrough progression
- KC score limit increased to 85 per match.
The most important one here for many gamers is “Connectivity optimizations”, which should help deliver a fix for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare lag problems. Another welcome fix for many users is moving the in-game chat placement from the middle of the screen.
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare lag problems led many gamers to ask about dedicated servers. Activision addressed this issue with a statement shared on Sledgehammer Games,
“Advanced Warfare employs game servers hosted at data centers globally on all platforms and listen servers as part of our proprietary matchmaking system. Our goal is to ensure the best possible connection and greatest gameplay experience regardless of location and time of day.”
The first Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare patch should be live on PS4 and Xbox One in the next 48 hours. This will arrive as a download through Xbox Live and PSN. There is no more detail about the PS3 and Xbox 360 update, but the company promises, “multiple title updates on all platforms.”
If you have your PS4 or Xbox One set up to automatically download updates it should have this update ready to go shortly after it is live. On the Xbox One you can see a star in the upper right corner of the game tile if it has been updated. On the PS4 you will see an update in the notifications.
You may also want to make sure your network is ready and not to blame for connectivity issues by following the instructions in the video below.
There is already a second Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare update planned for the Xbox One and PS4, but there are no more major details announced for this update. The console updates need to go through approval processes which will slow them down slightly compared to the PC.
Gamers complained about lag and other issues soon after the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare release and search data shows a spike in searches for Call of Duty problems starting shortly after the Advanced Warfare release. Gamers can count on other Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare patches to arrive with more fixes as free updates.
There is a separate Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare season pass that includes early access to a new multiplayer map and access to several Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare DLC packs in 2015.
4 Reasons Not to Install macOS Mojave & 10 Reasons You Should Install 10.14.1
The macOS Mojave update could completely change how you use your Mac. Many users will want to install the free update...
How to Take an ECG on the Apple Watch
This guide will show you how to take an ECG with the Apple Watch 4. This is a new feature...