Take a standard candy bar cell phone, not too big, not too small. Add a fold-out display and voila – an e-book reader!
The Readius was just announced by Polymer Vision, a long time leader in rollable displays. While the Readius is an interesting product, I want that display married to a more fully featured MID or UMPC. Then I’d get more interested.
- Weight: One third the average weight of e-readers (115g)
- Display size: Twice the surface area of current largest phone display (5Ã¢â‚¬Â diagonal, 16 greyscales)
- Device size: Equal to an average mobile phone when closed (115 x 57 x 21mm)
- Battery life (reading): Up to six times longer than on mobile phones (30 hours continues reading)
- Connectivity: Greatest coverage of any e-reader (Tri Band/3G HSDPA)
Supporting ActiveSync and USB mass storage (USB 2.0)
Communication with accessories and other devices (Bluetooth 2.0)
- Processor: Powerful processing engine (ARM11 400MHz)
- Storage: Flexible, today commercially available up to 8GB (High Capacity Micro SD)
- User Interface: Just 8 buttons (SimpleTouch Buttons)
- Operating System: Microsoft WinCE
One side effect of the 8 button interface is that you can only dial users in your address book.
4 Reasons Not to Install macOS Mojave & 10 Reasons You Should Install 10.14.1
The macOS Mojave update could completely change how you use your Mac. Many users will want to install the free update...
How to Take an ECG on the Apple Watch
This guide will show you how to take an ECG with the Apple Watch 4. This is a new feature...