Take a standard candy bar cell phone, not too big, not too small. Add a fold-out display and voila – an e-book reader!
The Readius was just announced by Polymer Vision, a long time leader in rollable displays. While the Readius is an interesting product, I want that display married to a more fully featured MID or UMPC. Then I’d get more interested.
- Weight: One third the average weight of e-readers (115g)
- Display size: Twice the surface area of current largest phone display (5Ã¢â‚¬Â diagonal, 16 greyscales)
- Device size: Equal to an average mobile phone when closed (115 x 57 x 21mm)
- Battery life (reading): Up to six times longer than on mobile phones (30 hours continues reading)
- Connectivity: Greatest coverage of any e-reader (Tri Band/3G HSDPA)
Supporting ActiveSync and USB mass storage (USB 2.0)
Communication with accessories and other devices (Bluetooth 2.0)
- Processor: Powerful processing engine (ARM11 400MHz)
- Storage: Flexible, today commercially available up to 8GB (High Capacity Micro SD)
- User Interface: Just 8 buttons (SimpleTouch Buttons)
- Operating System: Microsoft WinCE
One side effect of the 8 button interface is that you can only dial users in your address book.