In this new video, Corning envisions the future, specifically the role smart glass will have in your day-to-day life. In A Day Made of Glass 2, Corning shows off a collection of awesome glass technology that will make its way into your home, school, office and car.
From smartphones and tablets to edge to edge displays around your house, and the networks that carry all the information you need to stay connected Corning is counting on a glass filled future.
Take a look at this cool video, it is well worth the 10 minute runtime.
How Glass Will Shape Your Future
In the video above, you can see how Corning, a maker of specialty glass, imagines a day in the life of a shoolkid and a medical professional. From see through tablets, smart closets, adaptive glass dashboards and full wall conferencing systems and outdoor signage that can do amazing things, like bring dinosaurs to the forest. At the end of the day, forget a 55 inch HDTV, and tune into your tablet controlled smart wall edge to edge display.
Some of the cool tech includes;
- Super thin, see through displays on tablets that need less power.
- Window that changes from tinted to clear on demand.
- Automotive glass that tints on demand.
- Edge to edge display so you can have a smart mirror on your closet, powered by your thin tablet.
- Community Activity Surfaces – Essentially Microsoft Surface style multitouch glass activity surface on a huge scale.
- Dashboard made of thin glass, that’s also a display.
- Huge outdoor glass barriers that can display information and enhance the environment with learning.
- Many improvements in weight of automobile parts.
- Better solar power panels that are aesthetically pleasing and efficient.
Here’s a collection of images showing off the technology Corning has envisioned for your glass filled future.
Best Amazon Prime Day 2019 Deals
Amazon Prime Day 2019 is in full swing and there are an insane amount of deals for Prime Members. We’re...
Madden 20: Which Edition to Buy
There are three Madden 20 editions available this year, with an option to spend up to $100 on the new Madden...