Focusing on growing its presence in the enterprise space, Dell is adding new hardware and software security features to a newly released Dell Latitude 10 Enhanced Security edition of the Windows 8 tablet. The device offers dual hardware security log-in features and some software security enhancements as well over the regular consumer-edition of the Latitude 10. Additionally, one of the standout feature for the Windows 8 tablet is that the Latutude 10 Enhanced Security edition can last up to 20 hours of use on a single charge with an extended battery or up to 10 hours with the regular battery. This means that users won’t have to worry about plugging in when they’re actively using their slates throughout the day.
In order to achieve the battery life compromise, Dell went with a more power efficient Intel Atom processor compared to an Intel Core CPU. This will lead to better battery life but the Intel Core CPU delivers better performance. Still, the 10 hours of battery life on a standard battery if impressive as some competing slates deliver around 7 hours of power and the more power-hungry Microsoft Surface Pro with Intel Core i5 CPU gives users about 4 hours on a single charge.
Dual Authentication Security
The device offers dual hardware authentication with smart card reader and biometric fingerprint scanner. Additionally, these other security features are also made available:
- Dell Data Protection|Access providing an integrated end point security management suite that utilizes the fingerprint and smart card reader in the Latitude 10 as well as third-party security devices. A Dell wizard provides simple setup.
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2 hardware to allow networks to check device integrity and to assign full trust.
- Microsoft® BitLocker Drive Encryption.
- Computrace Support for stealth tracking software to allow the recovery of lost or stolen devices.
- A Noble Lock slot for added hardware security.
Dell is targeting these security features at the healthcare, government, enterprise, and education markets.
According to the company’s research, the Latitude 10 offers more than a traditional consumer grade tablet like the iPad and it is easier for IT managers to mange:
- Up to 17 times faster and 94 percent less expensive to deploy saving approximately 580 hours in system prep and applications installation.
- Up to 99 percent faster for software updates, saving approximately 197 hours with automated updates.
- Up to 85 percent cheaper per device to maintain over a three-year period.
For consumers, the option of the 20-hour battery life may be worth a second look, especially for those who hate to charge their devices every night or have to sit through long plane and train rides.
Pricing and Availability
The Dell Latitude 10 Enhanced Security is available starting today and costs $779 USD. The Latitude 10 essentials 64GB configuration is available starting at $579USD. The Latitude 10 essentials 32GB configuration is available for $499USD.
Samsung Galaxy Android 10 Update Info (2020)
With Samsung Galaxy Android 10 update rolling out to some devices and new info starting to emerge, we want to...
Best Smart Home Gifts for Your Parents in 2020
Smart home upgrades make the perfect gift for your parents this year. Whether it is a birthday gift or anniversary...