It appears they are planning for a Nov 2008 release of the XT2, with the XT phasing out in Jan 2009. According to the docs Engadget got a hold of, the XT2 will be sporting the following specs. That said, It is a long time from now until Nov 2008, so a lot could change. There is no word on what pricing might look like, either. If we’re lucky, we might get our XT eval unit by the time the XT2 is available….
- less than 3.5 lbs
- 12.1 WXGA
- Possible integrated optical drive
- Intel Montevina
- ULV and LV CPUs
- UMA graphics to support Aero
- Ports and slots: VGA, RJ45, 1394, 2 USB, eSATA, audio x2, ExpressCard 34, and SDHC
- TPM, Smart Card reader, Contactless Smart Card, and fingerprint option
- XT2 Media base. They are planning on using the XT Media base, but it won’t be compatible with their E-Family docking solutions.
4 Reasons Not to Install macOS Mojave & 10 Reasons You Should Install 10.14.1
The macOS Mojave update could completely change how you use your Mac. Many users will want to install the free update...
How to Take an ECG on the Apple Watch
This guide will show you how to take an ECG with the Apple Watch 4. This is a new feature...