Did I mention already how sexy apps that have actually made it to the Windows Phone Marketplace look? I complain about the amount of apps in the Windows Phone Marketplace but when they do get there, they look awesome most of the time. Well, a very popular app that has been around in the Marketplace for quite some time has a new update that adds some awesome features.
Evernote is a wildly popular franchise of note taking apps and services that geeks have been using for years. For Windows Mobile users, it goes way back. Evernote has sync services that allow you to sync your notes in the cloud and share notes across devices. Pretty much every OS, mobile or not, has Evernote support.
New to Windows Phone 7.5 are better social integration, search integration, background synchronization, and pinning of notes, notebooks, tags, searches, maps, and “new note” shortcuts audio, text and photo).
The following are the major additions with 2.1
- Pin anything to the home screen: Now you can pin the things you need right to your home screen.
- Template notes: You can create templates for commonly created notes. Awesome feature!
- Improved text editing: You can edit notes in the same format as when they were initially created.
- New language support: There is now language support for Japanese, Korean, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Dutch, and Polish.
- Background sync: The app will complete a sync when the device is on a WIFI connection, even if the phone is locked.
- Search integration: Evernote is integrated with the Windows Phone search. If you swipe across on a search result, you will see notes in Evernote related to that search.
- More social: You can now share a note to Facebook, Twitter and Windows Live.
I will get a video up of this app in the next couple days. Stay Tuned. Very excited for this update.
Grab Evernote 2.1 from the Windows Phone Marketplace! For more info, head to Evernote’s Blog.
4 Reasons Not to Install iOS 13 Beta & 11 Reasons You Should
There are some great reasons to take the iOS 13 beta for a spin. There are also some reasons to...
Is Hulu Worth It? 10 Things You Need to Know in 2019
Is Hulu Worth it? We’ll help you decide with a look at what you need to know before you sign...