The past few weeks I have been getting into a new rhythm using the new (to me at least) Motion LS800. It’s amazing how much I rely on this little guy now! As you can see from the picture, I have the LS800 sitting right next to me every day. It’s a great companion to the BIG Dell I have sitting right there. It’s also light enough that I carry it in the same bag without a problem and also take it solo when going to meetings.
What application have I been using the most? Evernote – running at the same time on each computer to keep me in sync - 2 examples of how I use it:
- Yesterday was our weekly managers meeting – I use Evernote to take some notes and list action items on the LS800. At the end of the meeting, I will hit ‘sync’ as I am walking back to my office. When I get back to my office, I sync the Evernote running on my laptop and just like magic – my notes are there ready for me to review and process!
- My daily work currently has me running thru a series of locations as I am tracking my progress at each location. I am marking if the location is Processing, Finished or Needs Review. This could normally be done on a piece of paper sitting on my desk, but I use the LS800 and Evernote instead. When asked for progress on my review, or I need to send off some locations to be reprocessed by my team, I can easily do that using Evernote. On my desktop client of Evernote (that is synced with the LS800), I hit the mail button and will take my current note, send it into an e-mail and off it goes!
Just a few things for thought –
- I still wish there was a way to mix Ink and Text notes in Evernote – it would help a few things on the desktop side
- Sync limit on the Free version of Evernote might get me at some time in the future
- The share notebook feature would be KILLER if you could share between users of Evernote. If I could share my notebook and one of my coworkers could attach to that notebook share on their Evernote install, then the sharing feature would be about 100% more useful! Just think, I could be at home working, they could be in the office working – each of us have Evernote running and the note would sync between the 2 desktops. Even in read only mode so the person that ‘shared’ the notebook was the only one that could edit – I still think that would be useful.
I know there are going to be questions about OneNote – 1. Not free 2. Mix of on network and off network usage would keep from reliable syncing from a shared notebook on a server 3. No need for all the extra features in my current usage pattern.
There are other benefits of of the LS800 in my current workflow, I’ll post a few more as time goes on.
4 Reasons Not to Install macOS Mojave & 10 Reasons You Should Install 10.14.1
The macOS Mojave update could completely change how you use your Mac. Many users will want to install the free update...
How to Take an ECG on the Apple Watch
This guide will show you how to take an ECG with the Apple Watch 4. This is a new feature...