The Facebook for Windows Phone team is listening to users and promises a big update soon. On their own Facebook page this morning, the team announced some of the v2.5 changes that are being tested now. The more important news is that they are reading comments and listening to users. The initial version of Facebook for Windows Phone was awful and very limited, much like Skype is currently. The 1st major update to the Windows Phone Facebook app was great and added tons of functionality, but still not up to speed with the Android and iOS Apps. It’s great to see Windows Phone app getting some love now.
Stay tuned to the Facebook page for updates on the release.
What is in store for v2.5? Plenty.
- Full Facebook threaded messaging including group messaging, all in a beautiful Metro style design.
- Tagging – Now you can tag friends and locations in your posts in the ‘with’ and ‘at’ format.
- Delete posts and comments – Use the tap and hold context menu to delete posts and comments from your wall.
- Active links in posts – Tap on links in posts to go directly to the content.
- Updates to the photo comments and likes page – The photo comments and likes page has been updated to match the posts comments and likes page. You can see a hint of the image at the top of the page, pull down and you can see the whole thing.
- Like comments – you can now ‘like’ comments!
Since I don’t really use Twitter anymore, I now rely on Facebook to keep up with my online friends, High School and Navy friends, and family. One of the frustrations I’ve encountered going back and forth from Android to Windows Phone is parity. I was able to do things with Android that the Windows Phone app wouldn’t allow.
Samsung Galaxy Android 10 Update Info (2020)
With the Samsung Galaxy Android 10 update rolling out to some devices and new info starting to emerge, we want...
Best MacBook Pro Alternatives in 2020
If you can’t afford a MacBook Pro, or you simply don’t like the direction Apple is going with the current...