The radiation storms in Fallout 4 are great (even if they kill my game's frame rate) but they leave me wanting more from the wasteland and its weather. That's where the popular True Storms mod would come in.
True Storms adds several new storm types including a heavy version of the radiation storm. They look and feel great. Get a feel for what I am talking about in the video below.
If you'd rather read about them, here's the full list of changes:
- Heavy Fog and Light Fog - The Commonwealth at midnight when fog is rolling through is absolutely chilling.
- Heavy and Light Rain - Rain storms are now heavy and loud, but there's still a chance for soft rain, also with it's own textures and sounds.
- Heavy and Light Misty Rain - Hazy, foggy rains with lots of atmosphere in two variations.
- Heavy and Light Radiation Rain - The fun stuff. Rads fall from the sky in two variants, heavy with 8 rads/sec (better pop a Rad-X!) and light rain, at 3 rads/sec.
- Heavy Dust Storm - Very low chance to occur, but you won't want to get stuck outside when this hits!
This article may contain affiliate links. Click here for more details.