A bug irritating lots Latitude XT Tablet PC owners has been picking up quite a bit of steam in our forums (here and here). It revolves around some problems navigating OneNote notebooks, click tabs, and various windows within Outlook.
Jason and Ilya, some OneNote developers, got a hold of a Latitude XT and decided to find out what was causing this strange behavior. It turns out that it revolves around the N-Trig applet and some registry settings the application sets.
Fortunately there is a fix, which you can read about here on Daniel Escapa’s blog, and follow below. Daniel tells us that Microsoft and Dell are in communication regarding this issue.
Be sure to back up your registry before making any modifications!
- Click Start, Run, type regedit, and click ok (acknowledge the Vista UAC prompt if it comes up).
- In the registry editor, navigate to "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop"
- Locate the DragHeight and DragWidth values in the right hand pane
- Select the DragHeight value, click the Edit menu, and select Modify (you can double click as well to modify)
- In the Value Data field, type 4 and click ok. IMPORTANT! You need to do this step even if the registry editor already shows the value as 4!
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 with the DragWidth field.
- Logoff or reboot your computer.
Many thanks to forum member rjo for passing this along.
This article may contain affiliate links. Click here for more details.