When Windows Phone 7 Mango arrives later this year, expect to see plenty of gaming related features in the new Games Hub. The Games Hub feature of Windows Phone 7 Mango will feature better collection management, 3D Avatars with attitude and a collection of XBox Live improvements which could point to multiplayer functionality.
The most exciting feature was just a bullet point in the announcement, which points to the possibility of real-time multiplayer games on WIndows Phone 7.
In Mango, you’ll receive notifications for multiplayer game or turn requests and can track them in the Requests section of the Games Hub.
On one hand it could be simple notification enhancements, but ti could be a teaser of multiplayer gaming to come to Windows Phone 7 later this fall.
In addition to multiplayer gaming notifications, Windows Phone 7 Mango Game Hub will help you organize your games so you can get gaming faster. You’ll still see games presented in alphabetical order, but when you want to get to your favorite games faster you can look at the “Recent” tile which will show you your most recently played games.
You’ll also get 3D Xbox Live Avatars which will interact with you similar to on the Xbox with yawns, waves and other gestures. You can even make your avatar dance by shaking your phone.
Finally, you can expect the following Xbox Live improvements:
- Improved Xbox LIVE messaging: Read and reply to Xbox LIVE messages sent from another Windows Phone, a PC, or an Xbox console. We’ve also added more avatar delighters here. If a message contains certain emoticons (e.g. , ), you’ll notice your avatar’s expression change to reflect that emotion! (If a sender overloads a message with conflicting emoticons, your avatar will look bewildered.)
- Connect with Xbox LIVE friends: Find out if your Xbox LIVE friends are currently online through the friend status view. You can also search, browse, initiate, and respond to friend requests right from your Windows Phone 7.
- Integrated achievements and new comparison views: See the recent games your friends have been playing, and compare gamerscores and achievements for all Xbox LIVE games played on the phone, console, or PC.
- Edit your profile: Moved to a new city? Have a new motto in life? Now you can update your name, bio, motto, and location right from the phone.
- Improved Spotlight content: We’ve improved the news and info delivered to you via Spotlight in the Games Hub. Your window to the Xbox LIVE community will now be complemented with rich and vibrant images!
Are you looking forward to Windows Phone 7 Mango more than before?
This article may contain affiliate links. Click here for more details.
Is Hulu Worth It? 10 Things You Need to Know in 2020
Is Hulu Worth it? We’ll help you decide with a look at what you need to know before you sign...
7 Reasons to Subscribe to Hulu & 3 Reasons Not To
Should I pay for Hulu? Whether you are looking to add Hulu as a way to watch your favorite shows...