There are a ton of webcams out on the market today, but not all of them are the same and have the same performance. A few weeks ago I was given the opportunity to take a look at a new offering in the web cam world. The HP Elite Webcam.
This webcam stands out from the rest because it is the first to offer a full 3MP resolution camera. With that resolution, there is also a software enhanced 12 MP picture option. In this InkShow I take a look at the hardware itself, I take a look at the quality of the video being captured by the camera at different resolutions and also look at the bundled software. Check out the video if you have been wanting to pick one of these units up!
- Up to 12-Megapixel still image capture with software interpolation
- 3-Megapixel sensor with Autofocus in a stylish webcam: get HD video
quality and keep the image always sharp and focused.
Unique easy clip option: for stable, secure and easy to attach to select
- Tilt and Pan: easily adjust your webcam to let you show what you
want while maintaining a stable connection to your monitor
HP Instant Chat button: press one button to automatically launch your
preferred Instant Messaging program* and your webcam controls
- ArcSoft Magic-i: enhance your video conferencing experience with fun
special effects. Magic-I also keeps all your webcam controls in one
application and allows you save up to 5 user profiles so you are
looking good wherever you use your webcam.
- Compatible with AIM™, Windows Live Messenger, Skype®, and
- Certified high-speed USB 2.0: take full advantage of your broadband
access and enjoy up to 30 frames per second for smooth and natural
- Integrated stereo microphone and plug and play USB connection for
easy installation .
- Privacy cover: slide the privacy cover when you don’t want to be seen.
The colored shade helps you identify if the privacy cover is on or off.
- Comprehensive software included: manage your online chat with
ArcSoft Magic-i, capture, edit and share short videos with Arcsoft
VideoImpression and ArcSoft WebCam Companion, and edit and
retouch photos with HP Photosmart Essential.
This article may contain affiliate links. Click here for more details.