Being mobile relies on several factors, one of the most important being connectivity. If you can’t be connected and get to your data or to the web, what’s the point? In GBM Podcast #30 we talk about several mobile connectivity issues and how they may or may not be shifting. And speaking of shifting, yeah, we spend some time being “Wowed” by The HTC Shift, and Hugo’s InkShow of the game changing device. That’s right. I said game changing. Simply because I think the dual OS will appeal to many. But is there a catch? Will the Broadcom/Qualcomm legal ranglings delay the US debut of the HTC Shift? If not, will it be locked to a specific carrier? Or do we just have to wait for Google’s recent play in the FCC 700MHz auction to offer us unrestricted mobility with broadband?
Oh, yeah, and guess what? This is Matt Faulkner’s debut as a part of the GBM Podcasting team. He calls it his “virgin podcast” but we won’t go there. We had lots of fun putting it together and hope you have lots of fun listening to it.
Here’s the notes for show #30:
- The HTC Shift: Is it a game changer?
- The Compatibility and Performance Packs from Microsoft: Your mileage may vary.
- Lenovo’s Shipping Woes Continue.
- Mobile Companies Shifting The Landscape: Nokia and HTC
- GBM Forum member Sierra posts Impressions of the HP 2710p and answers your questions.
- Developer Fun in the GBM Forums.
- The New York Times on the Broadcom/Qualcomm Legal Dispute
And don’t forget to leave any comments, thoughts, or suggestions. We’re working to improve what we do and need to hear from you.