In this GBM Shortcut, I take a quick look at Quicklook2, a feature that HP includes on the HP2730p Elitebook Tablet PC that allows you to view your PIM data without having to fully boot into Windows (Vista or XP).
Quicklook2 does not work in Sleep or Suspend modes which is a puzzler to me, but it does work if your computer is in Hibernate mode or turned off. It isn’t actively grabbing data from your PIM (in my case Outlook 2007) instead taking snapshots of your data as you configure it to. You can choose to have it take a snapshot at times you specify, or when Outlook closes, or manually. You can also choose which data (Calendar, Contacts, Inbox, Tasks) to have available or not.
Since I prefer to put my Tablet PC to sleep (that sounds deadly in a vague way) I rarely use hibernate, or turn my computer off, so this is feature I don’t see myself using much. But then that’s me and you might find it valuable.
Check out these other posts in The GBM Lenovo/HP 2730p Tablet PC Shootout
- GBM InkShow: Interview with Lenovo’s Mika Majapuro on the ThinkPad X200T Tablet PC
- GBM InkShow: Lenovo X200 Tablet PC Hands-On Video Review
- GBM InkShow: First Look at the HP 2730p Elitebook Tablet PC
- Lenovo/HP Tablet PC Shootout: Testing Webcams
- Lenovo/HP Tablet PC Shootout: Testing Webcams in Slate Mode
- Lenovo/HP Tablet PC Shootout: Windows Experience Index Scores
- Lenovo/HP Tablet PC Shootout: Side by Side
- Lenovo/HP Tablet PC Shootout: Weight
- Lenovo/HP Tablet PC Shootout: Outdoor Viewing
- Lenovo/HP Tablet PC Shootout: Benchmarks
- GBMPodcast #61: The Lenovo/HP Tablet PC Shootout Continues
- Lenovo/HP Tablet PC Shootout: Performance Testing
- GBM Review: The HP 2730p Elitebook Tablet PC
- GBM Shortcut: The Lenovo/HP Tablet PC Shootout-Audio Output
This article may contain affiliate links. Click here for more details.