General Dynamics Itronix is finally releasing an update to the Duo-Touch line of rugged Tablet PCs. The new Itronix Duo-Touch II maintains the characteristic Itronix ruggedness (watch the video to see!) while updating the processor and, most importantly, the screen. The new DynaVue screen claims to "dramatically increases outdoor viewability in all ambient conditions including direct sunlight". For the kind of people who need a fully ruggedized system, outdoor viewability is of paramount importance.
Claiming to be the "smallest, lightest Rugged Tablet PC’, the new Itronix Duo-Touch II features include:
- Compact Size: Length: 10.6” (27.0 cm) Width: 7.2” (18.4 cm) Depth: 1.65” (4.2 cm)
- Weight: 4.1 lbs (less than 2.0 KG)
- Processor/Memory: Intel® Core™ Duo Processor U2500 at 1.2 GHz with 2MB L2 Cache, 512MB to 2GB DDRII SDRAM 533 MHz
- Display: 8.4” SVGA TFT Transmissive display with DynaVue™ Patent-Pending technology for optimum outdoor viewability
DynaVue™ exceeds the minimum contrast ratio as required for bright sunlight per DOD-STD-3009
- Storage: Shock mounted 2.5” 80 GB and 120 GB hard disk drive with heater. Optional 16 GB or 32 GB Solid State Hard Disk Drives
- Optional Integrated Wireless Communications:
- 802.11 a/g/n WLAN
- Radio ready options include: EV-Do; EDGE/GPRS/UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA
- Up to 3 RF modems and GPS can be integrated at one time
This article may contain affiliate links. Click here for more details.