Intuit and Staples are running a very special deal for small business owners – for one day only, QuickBooks Pro 2009 will be free at all Staples stores. Intuit wants to help small businesses through tough economic times. This notice came from Intuit, via from my CPA:
- The regular price at Staples is $199.99.
- The customer will receive $40 in instant savings.
- The customer at the store will receive a $159.99 mail-in rebate form.
- When the customer mails in the rebate form they will receive, some weeks later, a rebate for $159.99.
- Once the customer obtains the rebate, their base costs are zero: $199.99 – $40.00 – $159.99 = $0.
- The buyer may still be responsible for sales tax at the time of purchase; sales tax is not free.
The offer is for one day only; limited to one copy of QuickBooks Pro per customer. You can find the nearest Staples store at www.staples.com or buy on-line, according to Intuit.