We knew that an official Gingerbread update for the T-Mobile G2 was in the works and for those of you who have been waiting patiently for the update, your patience is finally being rewarded as T-Mobile has just announced that Gingerbread is rolling out now. It’s going to be rolling out in waves which means that many of you won’t see the update for a few weeks but hey, at least it’s here. There is always a possibility that there will be a manual installation method so keep an eye out for that. You can also check to see if the device has arrived but you won’t be able to pull it. In the meantime though, let’s touch on what’s going to be coming with the Android 2.3 upgrade.
Here is what T-Mobile is saying the update will be bringing:
- Android 2.3.3 (Gingerbread)
- Tell HTC
- Google Books added
- Notification bar color scheme is changed to black
- New battery indicator, phone, and web icons
- Color-coded network icon and signal indicator added. Green when connected to Google servers. Grey when not connected.
- Pressing the power key while on a call disables the proximity sensor
Fixed or improved issues:
- Wi-Fi calling improvements
- New SMS and email notification improvements
- Improvements to sending MMS from the Gallery
That looks pretty good to us. You can also check to see if the update has arrived by doing this:
- From Home screen, press the Menu key.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap About Phone.
- Tap System Updates.
Again, you can’t pull it as it’s rolling out strictly OTA. Exciting stuff, G2 owners. Anyone out there seeing the update on day one of the roll out?
4 Reasons Not to Install iOS 13.4.1 & 11 Reasons You Should
The iOS 13.4.1 update is a small point release, but it could have a huge impact on your iPhone’s performance. While...
Samsung Galaxy Android 10 Update Info (2020)
With the Samsung Galaxy Android 10 update rolling out to some devices and new info starting to emerge, we want...