According to the calendar we are turning the corner from summer to autumn and with that comes back to school time, football season, anticipation of the holidays, and, of course, a new burst of gadget lust from geeks everywhere. Although I’m not sure gadget lust has a particular season. In any event, August was as hot as a late summer day when it came to GBM InkShow action because we had plenty of exciting hardware action for you to take a look at. Everything from Hugo’s first peek at the HTC Shift, to the Gateway E295, and even a look at ProClip’s mounting solutions for your car. So check out the August lineup and let us know your comments and what you may or may not be lusting over.
- The ProClip-USA Mobile Mounting Solution InkShow: Eddie VanDerbeck likes to be mobile in his car and shows off Pro-Clip-USA’s mounting solution.
- The ProClip-USA Mobile Mounting Solution for the OQO InkShow: Eddie does a double and shows off the mounting solution for the OQO.
- The HP 2710p InkShow: Rob Bushway takes on HP’s newest Tablet PC.
- The Motion Computing C5 Tablet PC InkShow: Rob Bushway checks out Motion’s C5 Tablet PC aimed at the medical market. I think it has wider market possibilities. What do you think?
- The Fujitsu U810/U1010 UMPC InkShow: The name and number designations may get confusing, but Fujitsu keeps coming up with intriguing Tablet PCs and UMPCs. Hugo checks out the latest.
- The HTC Shift InkShow: The one that went wild. Hugo Ortega gets hands on in a GBM Exclusive with the HTC Shift. It has everybody talking. And it has everybody asking questions prior to the launch at GITEX.
- The Gateway E295/C-140X Convertible Tablet PC InkShow: You won’t go mobile with this large Tablet PC, but Warner Crocker gives this desktop replacement a good look for those who don’t need to be on the go.
All GottaBeMobile.com InkShows are sponsored by:
GBM August Podcasts
August was also a month full of GBM Podcast action. Find out just how many mobile devices Hugo claims to have, how we think the HTC Shift will affect mobile computing, and what kind of impact Qualcomm and Broadcom may have on all of our mobile connectivity.
- GBM Podcast #31 The Sophomoric Episode: Matt Faulkner and Warner Crocker talk about the upcoming GBM Reader Meetup in Colorado Springs, Hugo and the HTC Shift, Rob and the iPhone, and Chippy’s Solar Tour.
- GBM Podcast #30 The Shifting Connectivity Show: Warner Crocker and Matt Faulkner talk about how The HTC Shift might or might not affect the mobile scene with its release, Lenovo’s shipping woes, Sierra’s review of the HP 2710P, and much more.
- GBM Podcast #29 The Hugo’s Got Bling Show: Rob Bushway and Hugo Ortega talk about Hugo’s gadget lust and garage full of Tablet PCs and UMPCs.
4 Reasons Not to Install macOS Mojave & 10 Reasons You Should Install 10.14.1
The macOS Mojave update could completely change how you use your Mac. Many users will want to install the free update...
How to Take an ECG on the Apple Watch
This guide will show you how to take an ECG with the Apple Watch 4. This is a new feature...