Chippy has done it again, posting a hands-on review and videos of the new Amtek U560. I got an opportunity to get my hands (in the picture) on one of these at CES, and it feels pretty good in the hand, at least when you’re trying it out for 3 minutes. It looks and feels a lot like the Sony UX series to which it is frequently compared. As you can see in the picture, it isn’t a really small device, but it feels pretty solid. This system runs a full Windows Vista install.
The place where the Amtek seems to shine is the docking station. This adds a full optical drive as well as acting as a port replicator. Final pricing on this device in the US isn’t out yet, but based on the UK pricing at Moblx, expect around $1000+.
Technical Specifications (from Amtek site):
- Intel Processor A110,A100
- 600 And 800 MHz 400 MHz FSB, 512k L2 Cache
- 1XSODIMM Slot,Single Channel,DDR2 400 (Factory Option)
- 1GB Maximum(512MB Default)
- Intel 945GU(Simultaneous And Multi-Monitor)I
- WLAN802.11 B/G
- Ethernet 10/100/1G On Docking
- Blue Tooth V2.0+EDR
- 2-cell battery, Optional 4-cell extended battery pack
- 189x107x36mm, 675g
Docking Station adds:
- 1XDC Jack
- 1XAudio Out
- 3XUSB 2.0
- 1XTV Out (S Video)
- 1X LAN RJ45
- 1X ODD–Combo,Super Multi Option
This article may contain affiliate links. Click here for more details.