Check out this Apple job posting uncovered by Engadget, looking for a handwriting recognition software engineer. Notice that the technology they would be involved in may extend “beyond Mac OS X to other applications and the iPhone.”
The Handwriting Recognition team is seeking an engineer who will be responsible for advancing Apple’s handwriting recognition technology for Mac OS X. The ideal candidate will be an expert in the area of pattern recognition, with an excellent understanding of handwriting recognition issues. The person will also assume primary responsibility for maintaining and enhancing existing code and tools. The recognition technology you create may extend beyond Mac OS X to other applications and the iPhone.
* Expert in the area of pattern recognition
* Strong design and analytical skills
* Strong coder with experience in C or C++
* Ability to work on several concurrent projects
* Track record of innovation and excellence on previous assignments
Additional Success Factors
* Well versed in the area of handwriting recognition
* Knowledge of and experience with hidden markov model and neural net algorithms
* Proven track record of writing high quality code in shipping products
* Experience in developing recognition solutions for non-Roman languages
* Experience with Unix and familiarity with Mac OS X
* Familiarity with language modeling and natural language processing
* Knowledge of Cocoa
* Excellent communication skills
Samsung Galaxy Android 10 Update Info (2020)
With the Samsung Galaxy Android 10 update rolling out and new info starting to emerge, we want to take you...
5 Tips for Turning Your Car Into Your Office Escape
The best solution to many work from home complaints may be sitting in your driveway. The same features that make...