Check out this Apple job posting uncovered by Engadget, looking for a handwriting recognition software engineer. Notice that the technology they would be involved in may extend “beyond Mac OS X to other applications and the iPhone.”
The Handwriting Recognition team is seeking an engineer who will be responsible for advancing Apple’s handwriting recognition technology for Mac OS X. The ideal candidate will be an expert in the area of pattern recognition, with an excellent understanding of handwriting recognition issues. The person will also assume primary responsibility for maintaining and enhancing existing code and tools. The recognition technology you create may extend beyond Mac OS X to other applications and the iPhone.
* Expert in the area of pattern recognition
* Strong design and analytical skills
* Strong coder with experience in C or C++
* Ability to work on several concurrent projects
* Track record of innovation and excellence on previous assignments
Additional Success Factors
* Well versed in the area of handwriting recognition
* Knowledge of and experience with hidden markov model and neural net algorithms
* Proven track record of writing high quality code in shipping products
* Experience in developing recognition solutions for non-Roman languages
* Experience with Unix and familiarity with Mac OS X
* Familiarity with language modeling and natural language processing
* Knowledge of Cocoa
* Excellent communication skills
4 Reasons Not to Install macOS Mojave & 10 Reasons You Should Install 10.14.1
The macOS Mojave update could completely change how you use your Mac. Many users will want to install the free update...
How to Take an ECG on the Apple Watch
This guide will show you how to take an ECG with the Apple Watch 4. This is a new feature...