One of the biggest reasons I want to jailbreak the iPhone 4S is to have access to SBSettings, a small app that makes it easy to change the most accessed iPhone settings.
While I am still waiting for an iPhone 4S Jailbreak, I have found a cool trick that lets you create shortcuts to over twenty common iPhone settings in just a few seconds.
Even better. The icons are easy on the eyes and work on any iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad — even without a jailbreak.
Warning: If you update to iOS 5.1 when it is released, you will lose this ability.
These icons are the closes thing to Android settings shortcuts I have seen.
How to Create Settings Shortcuts on the iPhone
1. Open up brdrck.me/settings on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Choose the setting shortcut you want to add to your homescreen.
3. Choose the iCon you want to use.
4. Tap the Install shortcut button at the bottom of the page.
5. When prompted, Tap on Install on the Install Profile page.
6. Confirm that you want to install the profile when you get a popup.
7. You’ll be returned to the settings page to install other shortcuts.
8. Press your Home button to see the shortcuts on your screen. I added them all to a folder called settings on my main home screen so that I have fast access to the settings.
You can add iPhone home screen shortcuts to the following settings pages:
- Safari (Settings)
While I still want an SBSettings app and Activator for faster access, this folder on my homescreen is still much faster than going into settings to look for each item, especially those that are inexplicably hidden 5 taps deep.
Now if only Apple would allow third-party apps in the notification center, or allow Jeff Broderick to add them instead of weather.
4 Reasons Not to Install macOS Mojave & 10 Reasons You Should Install 10.14.1
The macOS Mojave update could completely change how you use your Mac. Many users will want to install the free update...
How to Take an ECG on the Apple Watch
This guide will show you how to take an ECG with the Apple Watch 4. This is a new feature...