The Witcher 3 is one of the best games of the year but it’s not without its problems. Witcher 3 problems continue to plague Xbox One, PC and PS4 users, even after the latest set of patches. With that in mind, we want to tell you how to solve two of the most Witcher 3 problems we’ve encountered.
In May, CD Projekt Red finally released its third game in the Witcher series. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is the culmination of three years of hard work, hard work that has paid off.
The Witcher 3 for PS4, Xbox One and PC is one of the best games of the year as it combines a beautiful world and complex characters with challenging combat and a diverse set of quests. At least one critic has lavished the game with a perfect score. The Witcher 3 isn’t perfect, however.
Witcher 3 problems have been plaguing owners for several weeks now. While some are small, others, like an Xbox One save problem, have been extremely problematic for some users.
CD Project Red’s latest patches for the PS4 and Xbox One have solved many of these initial problems but there is still a long way to go. The developer has admitted that it’s working on ironing out some of the more glaring issues though it’s not clear when the next Witcher 3 patches will arrive for PC, PS4 and Xbox One users. In the meantime, those who encounter bugs will need to rely on third-party fixes.
How to Fix Two of Witcher 3’s Most Annoying Problems
We’ve been playing the Witcher 3 since its release in May and like many of you, we’ve encountered problems with the game. One of the most annoying Witcher 3 problems we’ve run into involves the inability to talk to certain merchants.
When we’ve traveled to Blackbough to talk to a Blacksmith or to the outskirts of Novigrad to talk to an alchemist in hiding, there have been times when we’ve been unable to talk to them for no apparent reason. They’re standing there but there is no option to talk to them. It’s an extremely annoying problem because it can waste a ton of time. Fortunately, there’s a simple fix for the issue.
If you encounter an NPC (be it a merchant or otherwise) that you should be able to talk to but can’t, here’s how to fix that annoying predicament.
First, you’ll want to pause and save your game. Once the game is saved, you’ll want to load up the game that you just saved. Once you endure the loading screens, you should be able to interact with the NPC that you were unable to interact with in the previous save.
The other annoying problem that we’ve encountered also has to do with merchants that Geralt is unable to interact with. Not because there isn’t a dialogue option but because they’re not available.
Now we realize that NPCs, like the rest of us, have to sleep. So, often times, they’ll be tucked away in their homes late at night. That’s understandable. However, there have been times when we’ve tried to access a Blacksmith in Novigrad or a merchant in a smaller town and that person isn’t available. We’re not talking 1AM here, we’re talking unavailable during the middle of the day.
Fortunately, there’s a quick little trick that usually gets them to appear. Simply press start, scroll over to Meditation and push forward to the closest possible time. Once you go back into the game, the NPC that didn’t show up when you first arrived should be there waiting to sell or buy goods.
Fortunately, it looks like CD Projetk Red is prepping a new set of Witcher 3 patches that could fix this problem and more. The developer today published a partial list of fixes that will arrive with the company’s next patches for PC, Xbox One and PS4. Here is the current list of fixes, we’ve bolded the one that you’ll probably be interested in:
- Geralt will no longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive element
- General stability and performance improvements
- Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.
- Improved camera smoothness
- Performance improvements during some cutscenes
- Fixed case where game was crashing on loading a save in certain situations
- Various bug fixes and user experience improvements in GUI panels.
- Fixed issue where some players were unable to run after Wandering in the Dark quest
- Fixed issue where players were unable to talk to Eight after the Lord of Undvik quest
- Too many wild hunt minions were spawned during Ciri’s Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.
- Fixed issue where Keira could sometimes fall under terrain during Wandering in the Dark quest
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to move freely during Blindingly Obvious quest
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to activate portal during Wandering in the Dark quest
- Fixed issue where Player could get trapped in Turseach castle ruins
- Fixed issue where Roche was not present at Hanged Man’s tree during Eye for an Eye quest
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to talk or interact with certain NPCs
- Fixed issue where Sirens in quest Lord of Undvik could be invulnerable
- Fixed issue where player was unable to use certain actions after Carnal Sins quest
- Fixed issue where Geralt was sometimes unable to mount Roach
- Fixed issue where some players where experiencing infinite loading screen during King’s Gambit quest.
- Fixed issue where Simun was not properly spawned in An Unpaid Debt quest
- Fixed issue where player might have had a progression break after choosing certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in Count Reuven’s Treasure quest
- The Pyres of Novigrad quest is of course going to be fixed as well as the XP glitch
It’s not clear when the Witcher 3 1.0.4 and 1.0.5 patches will be out though we assume that PC users will get the fixes first with the console updates coming a short time later.
4 Reasons to Wait for the 2018 iMac, 3 Reasons Not To
Should you buy the iMac today, or should you wait for the 2018 iMac before you buy? The iMac is over...
8 Best iPhone XR Cases
The iPhone XR is a beautiful and colorful new iPhone that arrives this month. It’s coming alongside Apple’s first clear iPhone...