You can now jailbreak iOS 8.1.2 on Mac OS X in about 10 minutes without the complicated process of creating a virtual Windows installation. This is an official iOS 8.1.2 jailbreak that we confirmed works on the latest version of iOS 8.1.2 on the iPhone 6 Plus. This will also work on older version of iOS 8 and on any Mac.
Follow the steps in this guide to jailbreak iOS 8.1.2 on Mac OS X and how to fix a common problem with no tweaks and themes showing in Cydia on iOS 8.1.2 after jailbreaking on Mac.
Plan to spend about 10 to 15 minutes on this process and it is a good idea to plan on another 15 to 30 minutes to find and install the best iOS 8 Jailbreak tweaks on Cydia. If you are on the fence, read 10 reasons to jailbreak.
You will need the PP Jailbreak installer, a Mac, a Lightning to USB cable and your iPhone running iOS 8.1.2 to make this work.
How to Jailbreak iOS 8.1.2 on Mac OS X
The installer and website are in Chinese, so you will need to pay attention where to click, unless you happen to read Chinese. We could not find a PP Jailbreak english version. This is not the Pangu or TaiG jailbreak, but it does work.
1. Back up Your iPhone. Use iTunes to do this manually or make sure it is backed up to iCloud.
2. Restore your iPhone to Factory settings on iOS 8.1.2. This takes about 5 minutes and removes everything from your iPhone.
3. After this is complete go through settings but do not turn on a passcode lock or Find my iPhone.
4. Turn Airplane mode on.
5. Connect the iPhone to your Mac with a USB cable. Avoid a hub if possible.
6. Download PP Jailbreak for Mac. You can save this to your Desktop or Downloads.
7. Double Click on ppjailbreak.dmg and then drag the app on the left to the Applications folder in the pop up.
8. Go to your Applications folder and double click to open the PP Jailbreak app named “PP越狱”. If this does not open because it is from an unknown developer you will need to open Settings on your Mac and click on Security & Privacy. At the bottom of this screen is a message telling you it did not open PP越狱, and offering an option to click to open it anyway. Click.
9. The main screen of the iOS 8.1.2 jailbreak Mac OS X tool should now show your iPhone model listed. It will be where you see iPhone 6 Plus in the image above.
10. Uncheck the small box in the lower left corner.
11. Click the button in the middle of the screen to start the iOS 8.1.2 jailbreak on Mac OS X.
12. On the next screen click the right icon and wait for the jailbreak to complete.
13. When the jailbreak is complete, the iPhone will restart. The screen on your Mac will show a green check mark briefly.
14. After the iPhone is back on you need to turn off Airplane mode and then open Cydia. In about 5 minutes Cydia will update and complete the installation by restarting.
15. If you cannot access any Cydia tweaks or repos, you will need to open Cydia, tap on Changes and then on refresh in the upper left. This will fix problems with search and accessing previously purchased apps.
From here you can start using iOS 8 Cydia tweaks to customize your iPhone experience.
Android 9 Pie vs Android 8.0 Oreo Walkthrough: What’s New
In this guide we’ll show you everything that’s new in Android Pie, Google’s 9th major software update for phones and tablets....
Best of CES 2019: 15 Things You’ll Want to Buy This Year
Here are our picks for the best technology from CES 2019 in Las Vegas, Nevada. We’ve gone hands-on with hundreds of new...