AT&T’s NoDo update for the Samsung Focus apparently has a setting in it that disables HSUPA on the device which means that the Focus will lose upload speeds. Luckily, there is a way to turn it back on in no time at all.
Today was a big day for Samsung Focus and LG Quantum owners. AT&T and Microsoft finally started rolling out the long awaited NoDo aka copy and paste update to both devices. However, Microsoft and AT&T failed to mention that HSUPA would get turned off once the update was installed.
Thankfully, all you have to do is follow these easy instructions to get it turned back on:
- From the number-dial screen:
- Enter ##634#
- Diagnostics screen should open.
- Enter *#32489#
- Test mode screen should open.
- Press back at the bottom (bottom right, not the phone’s back button)
- Press 5 for RRC (HSPA) control
- Press 1 to view what yours is set at (Kyle’s was Release 5 HSDPA only)
- Press 2 to change it.
- Press 3 to change to Release 6 HSDPA/HSUPA
- Press [end] to confirm.
This should help speed up upload speeds. And if you want to see if it helps, you can download a free Bandwith tester from the Windows Marketplace if you head here.