Today is a big day for quite a few of you out there as Motorola and Verizon have released their latest Droid offering, the Motorola Droid RAZR. It’s on sale both online and in-stores and it can be had for a mere $111.11 (at Amazon) for those signing a new contract. And if you’re planning on picking one up, you’ll be happy to know that the device has already been treated to an easy root.
If this is your first Android phone, you’re probably puzzled as to what rooting is. Rooting, in a nutshell, gives you more access to your device. It allows you to install customer user interfaces and lets you get rid of apps that Verizon makes impossible to delete, just to name a few benefits.
So, if you want total control over your device, it’s certainly something look into.
And lucky for you new Droid RAZR owners, whether you’ve rooted before or not, the process to root is an easy one. All you need is a Windows-powered computer and a few minutes to follow some instructions.
- Download this file.
- Check your PC to make sure that you have the Motorola USB drivers installed. If you do not, you can find those right here.
- Extract the file that you downloaded in Step 1.
- On the Droid RAZR, flip on USB Debugging and check the box for Unknown Sources. You can find those if you head to Settings > Applications.
- Connect the Droid RAZR to your computer and ensure that it is set to “Charge only.”
- Go into the folder from the file you extracted and run the .bat file.
- The handset will auto-reboot and you will have a rooted phone, simple as that.
As usual, be careful, especially if you’ve never done this before. There is always the possibility that something could go wrong so keep that in mind before you take the plunge.
10 Best Surface Pro Alternatives in 2019
There are Surface Pro alternatives that offer lower prices, more battery life, more storage and include the accessories you need...
5 Reasons to Pre-Order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare & 3 Reasons Not To
Should you pre-order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare? We can help you decide if you should pre-order Call of Duty...