Now that the evasi0n iOS 6.1 jailbreak is out, we’ve already heard from readers asking how to unjailbreak their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
There is no unjailbreak evasi0n tool, but that’s ok because all you need is your iOS device and a computer running iTunes.
Unjailbreaking iOS 6.1 may take longer than the actual jailbreak process because it requires a full backup and restore, a step some users skipped on the initial jailbreak process.
We recommend unjailbreaking the iPhone, iPad or iPod touch before taking it in to Apple for repair or for help at a genius bar, as Apple can refuse a warranty because of a jailbreak.
How to UnJailbreak IOS 6.1 – Evasi0n Jailbreak
It’s important to make sure you have a current backup, otherwise you may be missing apps and data on the iPhone or iPad. It is possible to backup while jailbroken and then restore that backup to a non-jailbroken iPhone or iPad.
1. Plug the iPhone into your computer and perform a backup in iTunes.
2. To do this, click on the iPhone tab in the upper right. On this screen click on Back Up Now. Do this even if you back up the iPhone to iCloud as a local restore is a better option here.
3. After the backup is complete look for the Restore iPhone option on the same screen. This will restore the iPhone to factory settings.
4. When prompted choose to restore from a backup, and follow the instructions to restore the backup you just made to the iPhone or iPad.
5. Sync the iPhone or iPad with the computer to complete the restore and install the apps and music from before the restore.
That’s all there is to unjailbreaking an iOS 6.1 device like the iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. It is now OK to take it in to Apple for service or to use the device in stock configuration.
Stay tuned for the latest iOS 6.1 jailbreak news.
4 Reasons Not to Install iOS 13 Beta & 11 Reasons You Should
There are some great reasons to take the iOS 13 beta for a spin. There are also some reasons to...
Is Hulu Worth It? 10 Things You Need to Know in 2019
Is Hulu Worth it? We’ll help you decide with a look at what you need to know before you sign...