If you want to take your iPhone 4S back to stock, there are a number of ways to unjailbreak the iPhone 4S, but this is the easiest and quickest way to restore your iPhone 4S.
There are a number of reasons you might want to unjailbreak your iPhone 4S, but the most common reasons are to take your iPhone into Apple for service and to speed up your iPhone 4S if your jailbreak apps have slowed down your phone.
The unjailbreak process is straightforward, and allows you to go back to stock very quickly. This method will also allow you to make sure that your iPhone 4S stays on iOS 5.0.1 when it updates, even after Apple releases iOS 5.1 or iOS 5.0.2, both of which will take away your ability to jailbreak the iPhone 4S again. At least until the dream team releases another round of tools.
How to UnJailbreak the iPhone 4S
What You’ll Need:
- iPhone 4S
- iOS 5.0.1 IPSW (Download Here)
- iPhone USB Cable
Step 1. Place your iPhone into DFU Mode
- Make sure iTunes is running.
- Plug Your iPhone 4S into your computer.
- Turn it off.
- Once the iPhone 4S is off, perform the following steps exactly.
- Hold your power button and the Home button for 10 seconds.
- Let go of Power and hold Home for 8 seconds.
- iTunes should now pop up notification like you see above.
How to put iPhone 4S into DFU Mode
Step 2. In iTunes, click on your iPhone in the left menu.
Step 3. We need to do a restore to the file you downloaded.
- On Mac hold Option and click Restore.
- On PC hold Shift and click Restore.
Step 4. Choose your downloaded IPSW file.
Step 5. Allow the restore to complete and you now have a stock iPhone 4S.
Once you are back to stock, you can restore to a previous backup, which will give you back your apps, settings and more.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.