HP’s DreamScreen is an entertainment device that the company is officially announcing today. The DreamScreen is a heck of a lot more functional than the digital photo frame I gave my in-laws a couple of years ago. It has a handful of applications and can stream photos and music via Wi-Fi.
When I first saw the DreamScreen from across the room I thought HP was introducing a CrunchPad-like device, but as I moved closer I saw that it wasn’t a slate. Instead it has a relatively deep profile and a leg that keeps it standing.
The DreamScreen can be controlled with a remote control or with some touch buttons on the edge of the frame. There’s a 10″ version that will cost $249 and a 13.3″ model that will cost $299.
Unfortunately the DreamScreen’s display is not touch-enabled. When I was playing with the DreamScreen I kept tapping at the screen, expecting it to do something.
So what can the DreamScreen actually do? Here’s a rundown of the features DreamScreen from HP:
* WirelessÃ¢â‚¬”Connect to your wireless home network to access weather info, Snapfish and Facebook with built-in Wi-Fi.
* Touch-enabled controlsÃ¢â‚¬”Get fast, easy access to information and entertainment with simple touch controls embedded in the display that disappear when not in use, or use the included remote control for added convenience.
* Day at a glanceÃ¢â‚¬”Wake up to music and get a 5-day forecast with one glance thanks to built-in alarm clock and weather functions.
* Social media hubÃ¢â‚¬”Keep up with your friends’ photos, status updates and upcoming events by accessing Facebook.
* MusicÃ¢â‚¬”Turn your HP DreamScreen into your entertainment center by listening to Internet radio from Pandora or HP SmartRadio.1
* PhotosÃ¢â‚¬”Play a slideshow of your photos copied to the HP DreamScreen or directly on popular memory cards formats.
* VideosÃ¢â‚¬”Watch home movies and video clips in full screen Ã¢â‚¬” Its simple!
* Connect with your PCÃ¢â‚¬”Stream Photos and Music from your PC or wirelessly copy photos, music or video from your PC to the HP DreamScreen.
6 Reasons to Use a VPN & 3 Reasons Not To
Do I need a VPN? There are a lot of reasons to consider using a VPN in 2019, and there...
4 Reasons Not to Install iOS 13 Beta & 12 Reasons You Should
There are some great reasons to take the iOS 13 beta for a spin on your iPhone. There are also...