The new HTC Incredible is available today from Verizon Wireless. This looks like it will be the next “IT” phone, right behind the Google Nexus One and the iPhone.
What makes the Incredible so incredible? Lets look at some specs:
- 1 Ghz Snapdragon processor
- Android 2.1 operating system
- HTC Sense UI (updated)
- 8 MP camera
- Improved touch sensor
- Playing video on another screen (with accessory)
- FM radio
- Increased internal storage for app installation
New Verizon customers (2yr contract required) can pick up the HTC Incredible at:
- $299 at Verizon retail stores (plus $100 mail in rebate)
- $199 on Verizon’s online site
If you are interested in reading some reviews on this new phone, Android and Me has gathered this list of reviews:
- Engadget: “If you’re on Verizon right now, you’re finally getting really great options for phones, but the Incredible is currently sitting at the top of that heap with a good bit of distance to the next in line.”
- Gizmodo: “It’s also possibly the best Android phone you can buy in the US for now—with the caveat that running a custom user interface introduces the high possibility it will get screwed on future Android updates from Google, as owners of HTC’s other custom Android phones could attest to, still waiting patiently for the update to 2.1 themselves.”
- Infosync World: “After an afternoon with the HTC Droid Incredible, looking at our iPhone screen was like going from Nintendo 64 to NES.”
- CNET: “With its polished design and user interface and blazing fast speeds, the HTC Droid Incredible takes pole position as Verizon’s top smartphone and is now the Android device to beat.”
- Android Central: “For our money the Incredible quickly has made itself the Android smartphone to beat, at least in the United States, and at least until the Evo 4G arrives. And even then, it’s going to be a tough battle.”
- Android Community: “As you’d hope, the Incredible’s still photos are, well, incredible. Packed with detail, they’re a noticeable step up from what the Nexus One is capable of.”
- SlashGear: “Incredible, they call it, and for once the marketing hyperbole may be right. The Verizon Droid Incredible by HTC takes a somewhat familiar spec sheet and squeezes out something different enough to stand out from the crowd.”
- BGR: “What we do know is that HTC has come up with another incredible device, pushing the boundaries of Android in practically every direction we can think of.”
- IntoMobile: “The Incredible’s feature-set is one of the most impressive of any smartphone currently available today. You get high-end hardware packed into a slim and sexy package – and the hardware works well, without lag or any major snafus.”
- Phone Arena: “Unfortunately, the minimalistic design approach is the one glaringly eye sore that hinders the Droid Incredible to be elevated to a level beyond its brothers, and with the HTC EVO 4G on the horizon, it’ll have a small window of opportunity to make its impact. “
- DroidDog: “In summary, the HTC DROID Incredible is a fantastic device. While it has some of the same Sense quirks that the Hero had, it’s leaps and bounds above the Hero.”
This is the kind of phone that would make me want to switch from my TMobile G1. If any of our readers picks one up today, please let us know your thoughts.
4 Reasons Not to Install macOS Mojave & 10 Reasons You Should Install 10.14.1
The macOS Mojave update could completely change how you use your Mac. Many users will want to install the free update...
How to Take an ECG on the Apple Watch
This guide will show you how to take an ECG with the Apple Watch 4. This is a new feature...