Google Chrome is getting lots of attention and impressions are all over the map. That is to be expected since this is only a Beta. (Keep reminding yourself of that folks.) If you look at the comments on this GBM post you’ll see that some are having good experiences and others less so.
Here are some of mine.
- On the ThinkPad X61 Tablet PC and ThinkPad X301 Notebook it is a much faster browser than any of the others I occasionally use. (I’ve got Firefox, IE8 Beta, Opera, and Safari loaded.)
- On VMWare Fusion on my iMac running Vista Ultimate, it isn’t as quick to load or operate as on the other machines. In fact it crashes there occasionally, something I haven’t seen on the other machines.
- The TIP loads and works fine on the X61 Tablet, but I’m seeing that others are reporting the opposite.
- I really like being able to pull a tab out of the browser and run it as its own thing. I do this with G-Mail primarily.
- Running the same number of tabs and websites, Chrome is reporting less memory usage than Firefox on any of the machines I’m trying.
- I’m able to use Windows Live Mesh’s web service successfully in this, which is a plus for me.
- I don’t like how searching the address bar erases the current URL and after doing so I can’t get back to it by hitting the back button. I guess I’m saying I miss a Search Box.
UPDATE: GBM Forum User loyukfai has started a thread in the GBM Forums for those who want to report their findings.