Boy Genius Report is reporting some leaked information from one of their sources about the next iPhone OS.
- There will be multi-touch gestures OS-wide. (Would make sense for that as the rumored OS for the iTablet is close if not the same as the iPhone)
- “A few new ways” to run applications in the background — multitasking.
- Many graphical and UI changes to make navigating through the OS easier and more efficient. We haven’t had this broken down, but we can only hope for improved notifications, a refreshed homescreen, etc.
- The update will supposedly be available for only the iPhone 3G and 3GS, but will “put them ahead in the smartphone market because it will make them more like full-fledged computers” more than any other phone to date. Everyone is “really excited.”
- The last piece of information is the most vague, but apparently there will be some brand new syncing ability for the contacts and calendar applications.
Other rumors claim the next iPhone OS has been delayed because it contains info on the mythic Apple Tablet, so these tidbits may have greater impact. What’s intriguing to me is the idea that the new OS will make iPhones “more like full-fledged computers.” I’ve said it before, Apple has the edge here since they use Darwin for both Mac OS X and the iPhone OS and, unlike other smartphone makers, they already make a “full-fledged” operating system. Looks like they may be at the point where they can exercise this advantage.
4 Reasons Not to Install macOS Mojave & 10 Reasons You Should Install 10.14.1
The macOS Mojave update could completely change how you use your Mac. Many users will want to install the free update...
How to Take an ECG on the Apple Watch
This guide will show you how to take an ECG with the Apple Watch 4. This is a new feature...