If you’re looking for good deals on iPhone apps, this iPhone app sale might be right up your alley then, as a handful of popular apps are on sale ahead of Christmas.
The deals come from App Santa, which first came together last year to offer great iPhone app deals for users ahead of the holiday, and it’s back again for the second year in a row, where you can take advantage of up to 80% off apps.
The deals include iPhone and iPad apps, as well as some Mac apps thrown in there. Luckily, the sale doesn’t end until December 26, so you have plenty of time to think about what apps you want, and it also gives you enough time to spend that iTunes gift card that you might get for Christmas this year, provided that you’ve been nice and not naughty.
Some of our favorite apps that are included in this deal are Launch Center Pro ($0.99 discounted from $4.99), Clear ($2.99 discounted from $4.99), Solar Walk, ($0.99 discounted from $2.99), Tweetbot 3 ($2.99 discounted from $4.99), and Drafts 4, which is a whopping $5 off from the normal $9.99 price tag.
Some of the Mac apps that you’ll see on sale include Day One, MindNode, Deliveries, Prizmo, PCalc, Clear, Ember, Soulver, Next, and Screens.
We’ve talked about some of these apps in the past, including Launch Center Pro, where you can create iPhone shortcuts to make certain tasks easier and quicker to do. The app is essentially a launcher that you can put in your iPhone or iPad’s dock, and tapping on it will pull up a grid of all the shortcuts you have set up. You can do simple things like launch apps or turn on the flashlight, but Launch Center Pro goes much deeper than that.
The app is comprised of two basic elements: Actions and Groups. Actions are the different shortcuts that you create, and Groups allow you to put a bunch of actions into a single folder of sorts. So when you have a group of actions, all you have to do is open up Launch Center Pro, tap and hold on a group, and then slide your finger over to an action.
Knowing the basics of Launch Center Pro allows you to create some starter actions to get you going, like posting to Facebook or simply just adding an app so that you can access it quicker. However, Launch Center Pro can do so much more. Here are some examples:
- Create a Group for Daily Routines: You can create a group full of actions of something that you do every day. You can have a “Workout” group that contains actions such as opening up a music playlist, and a toggle for switching to Do Not Disturb so you won’t get distracted with notifications.
- Get Quick Directions Back Home: If you’re in the middle of nowhere or aren’t sure where you’re at in the big city and need to get home, you can set an action that instantly gives you directions back to your place with Google Maps or Apple Maps.
- Create Shortcuts for Favorite Contacts: If you have a small group of contacts who you call or text frequently, you can set up actions that allow you to instantly call a friend or family member without having to open up the Phone app.
- Quickly Tweet a Photo: The process for tweeting a photo isn’t really streamlined, but Launch Center Pro makes it easy. You can set up an action that takes you directly in the Twitter app or Tweetbot and asks you to choose a photo to tweet.
- Bookmark Favorite Websites: You can put bookmarks for your favorite websites right in Launch Center Pro that will take you directly to that website. No need to open up Safari first and then find the bookmark in your bookmarks folder.
Of course, these are just only a few examples that we’ve used, and there’s so much more you can do with the app. It’s also on sale for just $0.99, which is an absolute steal.
5 Reasons to Pre-Order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare & 3 Reasons Not To
Should you pre-order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare? We can help you decide if you should pre-order Call of Duty...
9 Things to Do Before Installing macOS Catalina
This is what you need to do before installing macOS Catalina on your Mac. This will make the process go faster,...