The iUSBportCAMERA2 is a new DSLR accessory from HyperJuice that can send photos at full resolution to the iPad, iPhone, Android Mac or PC and can turn your phone or tablet into a live viewfinder and remote control.
iUSBportCAMERA2 mounts to the top of a Canon or Nikon DSLR in the small opening above the flash and connects with a short wire to the camera to communicate with the DSLR.
This second generation iUSBportCAMERA2 is 50% faster and delivers 12 hours of battery life, an improvement of 50% over last year’s model. The updated version includes a Micro SDXC expansion slot and two USB ports, one of which connects to the camera and the other can connect to an external hard drive for backup.
With the iUSBportCAMERA2 and the companion iOS or Android app the device can send full resolution photos to the mobile devices connected to it as well as other features like,
- Wirelessly control all camera settings (ISO, aperture, shutter, white balance, metering mode, auto focus settings, drive mode, flash exposure compensation etc.) directly from the mobile device
- See live viewfinder feed from the camera on the mobile device
- Tap anywhere on the live view screen to refocus camera to that point. Also supports manual focus with zoom and focus stacking
- Remote trigger shutter to take the picture remotely.
- Remotely start and stop video recording. View actual live video feed while recording. Tap anywhere on screen to refocus video. Ability to stream or transfer recorded video to mobile device (e.g. iPad).
- Setup advanced HDR bracketing and time lapse sequence
The iUSBportCAMERA2 is available now for $299.95 from HyperJuice.
This article may contain affiliate links. Click here for more details.