I had ordered a new Jawbone Prime Bluetooth headset when they first became available but there was a back ordered situation that prevented it arriving before I started this crazy two week period. It did finally show up on Friday and naturally I was in another state doing work that day. I managed to get it charged up and do some limited testing Friday night and yesterday. I’m heading from Virginia to Pennsylvania for rehearsals there in a few hours so I’ll be giving it some more extensive testing today and tomorrow.
Early observations are this.
- The Jawbone Prime can be worn without an ear loop, although two are included.
- It comes with different sized earpieces to fit your ear. The largest size is the only one that will keep it in my ear for any length of time without an ear loop.
- With the largest size selected it is easier to keep the button on my jaw that activates the sound than with the previous version using an ear loop.
- In early testing my wife can’t detect much difference in the voice quality while IÃ¢â‚¬Âm driving and she’s at home. Although she does say there appears to be less extraneous noise.
- My fingers turning the unit on and off hide the indicator light. This occurred with the previous model as well but because the light is smaller it makes it more difficult for me to tell when I’ve successfully turned the device on and off.
- Functionally the size and weight are the same when the earpiece is hanging off my head. In the pictures the Prime is the lighter color of the two.
More pictures after the jump.
4 Reasons Not to Install macOS Mojave & 10 Reasons You Should Install 10.14.1
The macOS Mojave update could completely change how you use your Mac. Many users will want to install the free update...
How to Take an ECG on the Apple Watch
This guide will show you how to take an ECG with the Apple Watch 4. This is a new feature...