The JBL OnBeat docking station looks like a versitile compact speaker system. The OnBeat docks with any iPod, iPhone or iPad, including the new iPad 2.
The JBL OnBeat can dock the iPad or iPad 2 in portrait mode only. iPhones and iPods can be rotated into landscape mode, which is preferable for some apps or if you want to watch videos.
A composite video output is on the back of the OnBeat, which can be used to display videos on an HDTV. The JBL OnBeat has an auxiliary input, which means it can be used to play audio from any device with a headphone jack.
An IR remote is bundled with the JBL OnBeat that makes it possible to navigate iPod and iPhone menus from across the room (up to 15ft.).
The JBL OnBeat will be available exclusively at Apple Stores and Best Buy.
JBL OnBeat Specs:
- Power: 4 watts x 2
- Frequency Response: 70Hz – 20kHz
- Dimensions: 5-3/4″ x 10-13/16″ x 5-5/16″ (146mm x 275mm x 135mm)
- Weight: 1.9 lb (0.88kg)
- Input Impedance: 10k ohms
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 80dB
- Input Connection: Main connection – iPod, iPhone or iPad docking connector, Aux input connection – 1/8″ (3.5mm) stereo mini-jack
- Transducers2 x JBL Phoenix SE full-range transducers
- Charges iPhone/iPod While DockedYes
- IR Remote IncludedYes
- Power Requirement13V DC, 2.5A
4 Reasons Not to Install macOS Mojave & 10 Reasons You Should Install 10.14.1
The macOS Mojave update could completely change how you use your Mac. Many users will want to install the free update...
How to Take an ECG on the Apple Watch
This guide will show you how to take an ECG with the Apple Watch 4. This is a new feature...