John Tokash caught up with Martin Smekek, CEO of TabletKiosk, and found out some good information regarding the battery life issues. Good to see Amtek, Via, the battery OEM, and TabletKiosk working to get this issue resolved. From John’s blog:
- Martin wants to talk to JKK, because Amtek is having the same trouble as TK – they know of no production machines that can get the battery life.
- Some preproduction units may have been able to get that battery life, so Martin would like to track down JKK and find out where his device came from. (JKK’s device has a much longer battery life than other Amtek/eo UMPCs)
- They are working on a driver fix for the microphone. It’s not a hardware issue. They are getting close to a fix.
- They have not identified a specific component (to Martin’s knowledge) that is drawing a lot more power than it should.
- They do see the whole thing draining the battery too fast, though. VIA, Amtek, TK and the battery manufacturer are all working on the problem.
- Martin is still hopeful for a software/firmware fix for the battery problem.
- The FCC version of the board does not look like the production version, so it’s not a surprise that JKK’s does not look like the FCC version.
4 Reasons Not to Install macOS Mojave & 10 Reasons You Should Install 10.14.1
The macOS Mojave update could completely change how you use your Mac. Many users will want to install the free update...
How to Take an ECG on the Apple Watch
This guide will show you how to take an ECG with the Apple Watch 4. This is a new feature...