Many of our readers have asked for head to head comparison photos between the Lenovo X200 Tablet PC and Dell’s Latitude XT Tablet PC. Here is the first set of comparisons. I’ll post pictures of the docking stations next, as well as some benchmarks and battery life comparisons later next week.
Here are my initial impressions between the two machines:
- X200 is noticeably thicker than the XT, and feels slightly heavier ( although I have not put them on a scale to verify this ). This is mostly due to the screen thickness on the X200. It is worth noting that the X200 has an 8 cell battery hanging off the back, while the XT has a 6 cell integrated into the case.
- The X200 has a flush bezel, while the XT does not.
- There is a parallax difference between the X200 and the XT. When inking on the screen, the pen tip feels closer to the cursor on the XT than on the X200. This is because Lenovo went with a flush screen, thus increasing the parallax. It is noticeable, but not a problem in my opinion.
- The keyboard and trackstick is much nicer to use on the X200 than on the XT . I don’t miss the touchpad at all.
- There is a lot more wristpad room on the XT than on the X200. However, the smaller wristpad space isn’t too noticeable while typing.
- Inking feels more natural and fluid on the X200 than on the XT Ã¢â‚¬” this is pure subjective, though.
- At full brightness, the XT seems a bit richer in colors and less washed out than the X200. However, both LED displays are crisp and bright.
- I can already tell I’m going to miss the nav dial on the X200. I’ve found myself reaching for it multiple times while using the X200 in portrait mode
- The stereo sound on the X200 is noticeably better than the X61, deeper and richer in sound. It also sounds better than the XT
- Both units go to sleep at about the same speed, with the XT waking up from sleep just a tad faster.
- I really like that the X200 has an eraser on the back of the pen Ã¢â‚¬” the rubber grip is another improvement over the XT pen
- The power source is located on the top left corner on the X200. On the XT, it is located on the back right. Depending on how you like to take notes with the AC adapter plugged in, this might be important.
- The X200 has an integrated web cam and GPS. The XT does not.
- The X200 feels more rugged and able to take a hit / drop than the XT
- X200: extended battery + an additional 8 cell battery can be charged in the docking station. The XT docking station only supports charging the internal 6-cell battery, and cannot charge the battery slice whether plugged in to the XT or left off of the XT.
- The X200 is a 1.86 with a 5400 rpm harddrive. The XT is a 1.2 ghz with a 60 gb SSD drive.
Click on each image to view higher res images
4 Reasons Not to Install macOS Mojave & 10 Reasons You Should Install 10.14.1
The macOS Mojave update could completely change how you use your Mac. Many users will want to install the free update...
How to Take an ECG on the Apple Watch
This guide will show you how to take an ECG with the Apple Watch 4. This is a new feature...