I spent the weekend camping with my son’s Boy Scout troop. I was hoping to come home to find a Lenovo box in my living room, and I was not disappointed.
After getting a shower, I opened up the box to find a bright red IdeaPad U110. As I took it out of the box, I was shocked at how light it was. I mean, really, really light. I didn’t have it in my hands for more than 1 minute before my wife, Kathi, made a bee-line to see what I was holding. She took it in her hands and said “Now that is a snazzy looking notebook.” She then asked me how long I got to keep it as an eval. Her eyes said it all: “I want to use that”.
Some quick thoughts:
- Like I said, the U110 is feather light.
- It is very glossy – from the keypads to the screen. There is a very high gloss factor on this computer, and will be a huge fingerprint magnet. I think this will bother me a lot, especially with the keyboard being glossy. Time will tell what my wife thinks, though.
- The screen is ultra-thin. and the finish really makes it a nice stylish computer
- The resolution ( 1366 x 768 ) is very crisp
- The mouse buttons will take a little getting to use to as they sit right on the edge of the casing
- My wife, though, loves the keyboard and mouse / mouse buttons. She took right to them and even mentioned how easy they were to type on
- She mentioned on several occassions about how light the U110 was, and that was with the 7-cell battery in.
- The AC adapter is remarkably different from other Lenovo notebooks. It is small and light, and very similar in size to the Dell Latitude XT 45 watt adapter
- The included case is nice, but I don’t think my wife will be using it. I think she’ll end up wanting something a little more stylish to go with the U110
- Experience index:
- Processor (Core 2 Duo 1.6 ghz ): 4.7
- RAM ( 2 GB ): 4.8
- Graphics: 3.5
- Gaming graphics: 3.5
- Primary Harddisk ( 120 gb 4200 rpm ): 4.1
- Overall: 3.5
- Running processes out of the box: 67
I honestly think this U110 will be getting eval’d by my wife, so I think I’ll have some interesting things to share. Stay tuned for more on this new offering from Lenovo!
4 Reasons Not to Install macOS Mojave & 10 Reasons You Should Install 10.14.1
The macOS Mojave update could completely change how you use your Mac. Many users will want to install the free update...
How to Take an ECG on the Apple Watch
This guide will show you how to take an ECG with the Apple Watch 4. This is a new feature...