I arrived home today from our St. Louis trip to find a nice surprise – an evaluation Lenovo X300 Ultra-Portable Notebook.
Being the true geek that I am, I stopped dead in my tracks to take pictures, comparing it to the Lenovo X61 Tablet PC. You can expect a lot more over the coming weeks on the X300. We’ve got it for several months.
My first impressions:
- Very light and thin. Feels almost 25% lighter than the X61. It is much thinner, especially along the front.
- It doesn’t have the same “sexiness” as the MacBook Air, but the extra USB ports, integrated WWAN, integrated CD drive, and user replaceable battery make up for it. I played with a MacBook Air this week at an Apple store and would have bought one had I had the money. Honestly, I’d likely go for the X300 instead due to extra flexibility – but, that MacBook felt sooooo nice to hold.
- It boots up really fast. Sorry, no times yet.
- No slot for dock on the bottom
- 1440 x 900 resolution is really nice and bright
- Lenovo has done a fantastic job with the X300. Feels good.
- When can we expect something similar for the X61? I’d love to see something just like this with Tablet PC functionality
More later. Enjoy the pictures below ( after the read more link ), which are of the X300 and the X61. Click them to view higher res shots.
4 Reasons Not to Install macOS Mojave & 10 Reasons You Should Install 10.14.1
The macOS Mojave update could completely change how you use your Mac. Many users will want to install the free update...
How to Take an ECG on the Apple Watch
This guide will show you how to take an ECG with the Apple Watch 4. This is a new feature...