I arrived home today from our St. Louis trip to find a nice surprise – an evaluation Lenovo X300 Ultra-Portable Notebook.
Being the true geek that I am, I stopped dead in my tracks to take pictures, comparing it to the Lenovo X61 Tablet PC. You can expect a lot more over the coming weeks on the X300. We’ve got it for several months.
My first impressions:
- Very light and thin. Feels almost 25% lighter than the X61. It is much thinner, especially along the front.
- It doesn’t have the same “sexiness” as the MacBook Air, but the extra USB ports, integrated WWAN, integrated CD drive, and user replaceable battery make up for it. I played with a MacBook Air this week at an Apple store and would have bought one had I had the money. Honestly, I’d likely go for the X300 instead due to extra flexibility – but, that MacBook felt sooooo nice to hold.
- It boots up really fast. Sorry, no times yet.
- No slot for dock on the bottom
- 1440 x 900 resolution is really nice and bright
- Lenovo has done a fantastic job with the X300. Feels good.
- When can we expect something similar for the X61? I’d love to see something just like this with Tablet PC functionality
More later. Enjoy the pictures below ( after the read more link ), which are of the X300 and the X61. Click them to view higher res shots.