Suffice it to say that if you’re looking for a Tablet PC for outdoor viewing, you probably want to look elsewhere than the Lenovo x200 ThinkPad or the HP 2730p Tablet PCs. That’s my personal opinion. Granted, I do not have the WideView SuperBright LED screen model that will be available from Lenovo. This is just a Wide View Standard WXGA I’m evaluating so keep that in mind.
The shots below also include the Lenovo ThinkPad X61 with what is called SuperView that supposedly aided in outdoor viewing. You can see that it really only helped cut down glare.
All three devices had were set to their brightest levels. The shots in the sun had the sun positioned behind the screen. I’m not the world’s greatest photographer but with the exception of some of the reflections, what you see in these pictures is basically what I was seeing with my naked eye.
X200 in front, HP 2730p, and X61
X200 sunlight behind
HP 2730p sunlight behind
X61 sunlight behind
X61 in shade
X200 in shade
HP2730p in shade
Check out these InkShows and other posts for more on these two Tablet PCs
- GBM InkShow: Interview with Lenovo’s Mika Majapuro on the ThinkPad X200T Tablet PC
- GBM InkShow: Lenovo X200 Tablet PC Hands-On Video Review
- GBM InkShow: First Look at the HP 2730p Elitebook Tablet PC
- Lenovo/HP Tablet PC Shootout: Testing Webcams
- Lenovo/HP Tablet PC Shootout: Testing Webcams in Slate Mode
- Lenovo/HP Tablet PC Shootout: Windows Experience Index Scores
- Lenovo/HP Tablet PC Shootout: Side by Side
- Lenovo/HP Tablet PC Shootout: Weight