Pens are important for Tablet PCs, and they often have small differences between makers. Those differences and how one feels about them vary from user to user. What may feel good in my hands may not in yours. Some come with erasers. Some do not. Some have buttons easier to find with your fingers, others do not. Here’s a run down on what I think of the pens that come with the HP 2730p Elitebook and the Lenovo ThinkPad X200 Tablet PC.
The pen that comes with the Lenovo is slightly larger than the HP. Consequently it feels better in my hand. The HP pen is an adequate size and I don’t have any problems Inking with it, but I do prefer the Lenovo pen when it comes to size.
Both pens have erasers. The Lenovo eraser seems to give me more control over what I am erasing than the HP pen. By that I mean the HP pen seems to erase a larger area of Ink with each stroke than the Lenovo pen does.
Both pens also have buttons. Again, I prefer the Lenovo button as it is easier to find with my fingers. I’ve never pen that satisfied with most pen buttons and the feel of them but that may just be my fumble fingers. From the picture below I think you can see that the button is slightly more raised on the Lenovo pen. (That’s the light gray button.)
Again, both I think are good Tablet PCs pens, but there you have my preferences.
Check out these other posts in The GBM Lenovo/HP 2730p Tablet PC Shootout
- GBM InkShow: Interview with Lenovo’s Mika Majapuro on the ThinkPad X200T Tablet PC
- GBM InkShow: Lenovo X200 Tablet PC Hands-On Video Review
- GBM InkShow: First Look at the HP 2730p Elitebook Tablet PC
- Lenovo/HP Tablet PC Shootout: Testing Webcams
- Lenovo/HP Tablet PC Shootout: Testing Webcams in Slate Mode
- Lenovo/HP Tablet PC Shootout: Windows Experience Index Scores
- Lenovo/HP Tablet PC Shootout: Side by Side
- Lenovo/HP Tablet PC Shootout: Weight
- Lenovo/HP Tablet PC Shootout: Outdoor Viewing
- Lenovo/HP Tablet PC Shootout: Benchmarks
- GBMPodcast #61: The Lenovo/HP Tablet PC Shootout Continues
- Lenovo/HP Tablet PC Shootout: Performance Testing
- GBM Review: The HP 2730p Elitebook Tablet PC
- GBM Shortcut: The Lenovo/HP Tablet PC Shootout-Audio Output
- GBM ShortCut: Quicklook2 on the HP2730p
- Adjusting to Life with a Lower Res Screen